• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Discatcher Sport Owners ?

Use 3/16 clamps instead of s hooks. I did every third spoke on my discatchers and every other on my instep

Use 3/16 clamps instead of s hooks. I did every third spoke on my discatchers and every other on my instep

Good idea on the clamps.. I'll look into that.. and yeah, I should have been more clear.. I meant skip two spokes, so really place one hook every third spoke. :p

They arent cheap but they are the best thing I have seen that dont slide or anything like that. I have noticed that on my instep that they rattle loose. Of course it sits in the bed of my truck and rarely gets used. Maybe once a year or so. So if you move it in you car alot bring a 3/16 wrench along

Suggestion- use those tiny non-locking carabiners. My original "hooks" are cheap and breaking, I was thinking of replacing those with the little carabiners. Maybe when I do, I will try to add myself a much needed inner row of chains.

My F'n camera broke. G1 can you put that pic I sent you on here? If not PM me your phone number guys and Ill text you a pic

Do not tighten those clamps to much or they will break in the middle!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's the cable clamp Roc1time is talking about:
base_media

Here's mine. After 4 months of use, I've decided that, while the mod definitely makes a more satisfying ching and I'm glad I did it, it's not totally necessary. I don't think it caught discs any worse without the mod, but of course YMMV.

I went with zipties and a cut up inner tube for the top hangers, and a dryer exhaust clamp for the ring. Cheap and effective. It stays outside %100 and is holding up nicely. I suspect I'll have to replace the ties in 2 years or so...maybe.

Anyway:

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I would like to add an inner chain set to my new discatcher sport and would like to know if anyone has done this before? If so do you have pics so I can see how to hang the inner chains and did you connect the bottom to the outter chain ring or add an additional ring like I saw at my local park.
I think I will need 6 24inch chains with hanger hooks at 2 inch links?
and a metal o ring but have no idea on size or how to connect the rings.
I hope someone can help me on this that has already done it and can explain.
Thanks in Advance for any replys on subject

I have 6 inner that I bought from the guy who sold me the basket. It was like another $15 or so as I recall. Not a big deal and worth avoiding the hassle of making my own.

Definitely fewer cut throughs with the extra chains.

My inner chains mod

I just got my Discatcher Sport today and I thought i'd share how I did my inner chains mod. I used six 25" sections of 2" link chains, twelve 1 1/4" open s-hooks, and the top ring of a lamp shade which measures 6 1/4" wide. The chains and s-hooks cost me about $17, already had the lamp shade ring. Honestly, this basket catches even better than the baskets at my local courses. Here's some pictures of my inner chains mod.

P05-19-11_00-12.jpg

P05-19-11_00-13.jpg

Basket.jpg

Just got in a sport the other day, and I like these ideas for the inner chains.

I was wondering, however, if anyone had a clue what the size of the screws that come with it are. I was considering replacing the stock screws with thumbscrews to make my life a little easier, but wasn't sure what size they were.

I know they are metric. I took one of mine to the hardware store with me and matched the size when I replaced my rusty ones.:|

They might be a weird thread pattern, too. I wanted to do wing-nuts and a retractable rope on the bottom to measure "the circle." Couldn't find the wing nuts I needed at ACE Hardware yet. Both projects for this summer when I can find a better hardware selection.

Necro bump

How dose one keep the chains from sliding around? I'll be using s-hooks to attach the extra chains to the top. Will they stay put if I squeeze them tightly to the chain supports? I really don't want to use zip ties.

If they won't stay in place by themselves, I was thinking of using 2 s-hooks per chain, one on each side of the chastity belt.

Would the width of a chain link allow for 2 S-hooks? Maybe you could fashion some kind of "stop" to keep the chains in place. That's not a very elegant solution though.

I know this thread's old, but I found it after adding my own inner ring of six chains.

I hooked the chains I got to a 2" ring on the bottom with some small s-hooks. I hooked the chains to the top rungs with the same s-hooks. I put a few wraps of black electrical tape (it's temporary) and crimped the s-hook down a little on the rungs so they don't slide in too far.

It works pretty darn well if I do say so myself.

Attachments

• discatcher_close.jpg
    discatcher_close.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 125
  • discatcher_far.jpg
    discatcher_far.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 111

Latest posts