• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

Is it just me or is the G* plastic getting better with each run of disc?

I got a G* Valk right as they were released, and while I loved the grip the 'floppy' was too much for me. Recently, I picked up a G* Tern and a G* Destroyer and the Destroyer looks & feels like Star, but grippier. The Tern has held up quite nicely to tree hits and such, but I haven't thrown the Destroyer yet (I can't wait to do so.)

I was impresssed by the Prodigy 400 and 400G plastic for my drivers, but as I've removed the supersonic Drivers from my bag for more controllable discs, the G* has become my new favorite plastic.

Anyone else falling for G* ?

That's my main problem with it also. If they stiffen it up just a bit more it would be pure money. I just can't deal with the super floppy discs. I've picked out a few stiffer GStars and like those, but it's not always easy to find the stiffer ones.

That's my main problem with it also. If they stiffen it up just a bit more it would be pure money. I just can't deal with the super floppy discs. I've picked out a few stiffer GStars and like those, but it's not always easy to find the stiffer ones.

Ya, I couldnt agree more. I wish GStar was closer to Fuzion.

The very first Gstars I felt were way too floppy, but I think they tweeked the blend because now they are a nice balance of gummy (surely what the G stands for) without being gumbputty. Sort of a hybrid of flx esp and GoldLine, and I give Innova kudos for finding a way to compete with two different competitor plastics simultaneously. I bought a gline pd and so like the plastic that I just ordered a couple gstar gators....

BTW gpd flies like a new spd and i'm hoping to have the fade beat out of it by winter, when this plastic will hopefully be perfect- a little more stiff but still grippy.

Oh, another plug- gstar can grab chains probably better than any other premium plastic on the market.

so how is everyones gstarrr holding up? stability? dinged and scraped? like new? tell me

I won a Gstar Boss in a tournament in late June, same weight as the Pro Boss I normally use so I thought I would try it. Two months later and the disc is VERY warped and has to be flattened again before throwing. Not a lot of tree action, but more skips and that seems to warp the disc. I wasn't impressed with the durability of Blizzard and now am not impressed with the durability of Gstar. Not sure if it was the heat this year or some other factor, but it is not a plastic I would seek.

Yeah, it deforms super easily. It's kind of embarrassing. But I'll keep throwing fresh and a beat gstar teebird because they have that super straight dx tb flight and tons of glide. I can cycle them that way, it doesn't take long before they start to lose stability.

Does innova plan on phasing star out for G*? I hate G*, kinda wish they made a firmer G* cause g* feels different from star aside from the floppiness

so how is everyones gstarrr holding up? stability? dinged and scraped? like new? tell me

I have been throwing a g* destroyer since April. It has one nick out of the edge. It is still in its same shape. No warping, nothing after numerous hard, and I mean full bore with 390-400 ft power tree hits, hard skips, and other hits as well. It is an amazing disc. All the glide of pro, more durable than star. On the other hand I have a krait that is a floppy piece of garbage. I have only threw it a few times and it has more damage than the destroyer. The destroyer is relatively flat top. The krait is boobie domed. I think that may play a role in the floppiness. These are the only g* I have. I know my buddy throws g* darts and bosses. He loves them and they are showing very little damage as is his daedalus.

I am totally in love with G* teebirds.

I'd never thrown a teebird until I got a G* teebird on accident. Now I have six of them.

They've almost replaced my PFN Vikings as my go-to driver.

Does innova plan on phasing star out for G*? I hate G*, kinda wish they made a firmer G* cause g* feels different from star aside from the floppiness

That would be the dumbest thing they could do, so I doubt it. Star and gstar are worlds apart in many ways, judging from the gstar discs I've been using.

That would be the dumbest thing they could do, so I doubt it. Star and gstar are worlds apart in many ways, judging from the gstar discs I've been using.

completely agree..

and i cant keep a gstarrr sw around long enough to see its complete wear. out of the box and a handful of hard tree smashes its exactly where i want it and it stays that way for the rest of the month till i lose it.

i do have a gstarrr aviarD that is probably my 75% go to approach disc, and i drive off the pad with it on occasion. flies the exact same with no wear but scratches and little road rash.

wish i had my OG sw i got. would have loved to see how it beats in. at this rate i might as well buy dx sidewinders if i lose my understable sw so much. (the gstarrr is the most understable of all the sw)

I had thrown quite a few gstar discs and I thought they were all a bit dumpy - lacked finishing glide. But I have a gline fd that glides for days. My regular sline fd glides too, but the gline is consistently longer and straighter at the end. Not sure what to make of it.

I say this because they keep releasing new molds(like the thunderbird) in G* for the main release. Id prefer JL but there are no plans for a main release and I'm not paying 30+ for a JL Thunderbird. I wouldn't mind star, but they released it in G* and I have a glow one but don't really like the feel of the glow material

I'll wait for a JL Thunderbird release also. GStar is durable but at the same time the wing can droop bad on a single tree hit. Plus it's too floppy for my liking. I prefer JL and Star.

anyone putt with a gstarrr?

i used to drive with kcp aviars but couldnt putt with them cuz they felt bulky.

i played a few one disc rounds with my gstarrr aviarD

i must say i didnt mind the bead at all and no more spit outs than my dx.

one could say its my new guilty pleasure

After much G star experiments I still prefer star. Although the G* Leo stays in the bag, dead straight w/ lil hyzer.

i tryed out the gstar aviar bb and its my new putter. loved the kcp but just didnt have the grip gstar has and also alot less spit outs and stays were it lands.. just wish they make them in lighter weights the gf loves the plastic and feel just wants one lighter.

so heres a question, why hasnt the gstar tl been more popular is it cause the TL3 came out right after and everyone went to it or just not a good TL..i bought a proto when first came out and its lime green love throwing it just dont like looking for it in tall green grass and woods.

i tryed out the gstar aviar bb and its my new putter. loved the kcp but just didnt have the grip gstar has and also alot less spit outs and stays were it lands.. just wish they make them in lighter weights the gf loves the plastic and feel just wants one lighter.

gstarrr feels slimmer, is grippier, and i absolutely love the hit and stick aspect of it. but for some reason the jk aviars just didnt feel right for me. expect in winter i really liked those in winter

I have a G* krait and I only like the G* for what they said was one of the intentions, cold/wintery rounds cause I like to play year round. However Dave lied when he said that G* doesn't get Floppy in heat, My krait hasn't beat in all that much, but it is definitely floppy and I'm sick of them releasing everything in G*. My favorite plastic is the JL, followed by star, then pro/xt.