• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova G Star?

I have 3 175g Red Gstar Rhynos and they are all flat and GREAT. Vary straight with nice fade and more glide then I expected. I'm very happy and looking forward to the weather warming up and having them gum up some more.

I have a purple and a blue G*, both in max weight, and I can confirm; flat, straight-stable (I cranked on mine, just to see what would happen, and it didn't flip), classic soft fade, G* glide (which, in my experience, is great. Similar to Pro glide).

Loving my 175 G* Leo; it's become one of my most used drivers of any type - incredible glide and predictability.

170 G* Leopard is quickly becoming one of my fave fairways. It fades noticeably less than my star and new pro which is perfect for a lot of shots.

My 180 G* Roc3 is awesome, also. Seems to be the most stable roc3, but doesn't fade as much as the champ. Really love how these are flying so far!

My 171g G* Leopard is the straightest driver I have ever thrown. Kind of crazy, it is somewhat high speed stable, but doesn't really show any fade. I let it go on the slightest of hyzer angles and it just bombs. Pro and DX have been more sensitive for me, and star and champion aren't this straight until I really break them in. I hope my G* stays this way for a looooooong time.

Awesome, I'll give the Ryhno a try.

g* Leo, tb, & Wraith are quickly becoming my stable/slightly understable work horses.

Awesome, I'll give the Ryhno a try.

g* Leo, tb, & Wraith are quickly becoming my stable/slightly understable work horses.

Do you throw other wraiths? How does the stability compare to the gstar ones? I was surprised how stable my gstar krait is, flies more like an s pd than anything. The wraiths I've felt seemed nice, just don't know if I'd have much use for one.

Loving my 175 G* Leo; it's become one of my most used drivers of any type - incredible glide and predictability.

170 G* Leopard is quickly becoming one of my fave fairways. It fades noticeably less than my star and new pro which is perfect for a lot of shots.

My 171g G* Leopard is the straightest driver I have ever thrown. Kind of crazy, it is somewhat high speed stable, but doesn't really show any fade. I let it go on the slightest of hyzer angles and it just bombs.

G* Leo's must be magical as I am seeing a lot of the same things with mine. Didnt really click with my Champ Leo early on and barely used it. But opted to try a G* Leo and was surprised at how straight it flew. It quickly made my bag and is a lifesaver on tight, wooded courses. :clap:

G* Leo's must be magical as I am seeing a lot of the same things with mine. Didnt really click with my Champ Leo early on and barely used it. But opted to try a G* Leo and was surprised at how straight it flew. It quickly made my bag and is a lifesaver on tight, wooded courses. :clap:

The only Leopards I really liked were the 175g Champs with a dome. The GStars I have are a little flatter but definitely have just as much beef. Therefore I have some nice dyed Champ Leopards I am willing to part with.

Do you throw other wraiths? How does the stability compare to the gstar ones? I was surprised how stable my gstar krait is, flies more like an s pd than anything. The wraiths I've felt seemed nice, just don't know if I'd have much use for one.

Mine's a 167 and flies true to the numbers so I'd call it a solid stable. I can get a small amount of turn if thrown flat and a decent amount if flexed.

About the same as star, 1st run blizz champs, & the lighter PFN champs.

Anyone else throw a G* Roadrunner? I heard a couple people say they are more stable than they should be. I need to replace my old Star Roadrunner for a couple dogleg right holes at my local course. Normally throw max weight, but thinking about trying to find a lighter G Star if that's the case.

Felt up some gstar rhynos today and that didn't feel as nice as the other gstar molds, not nearly as soft. I didn't care for the feel, I was prepared to pick one up. Dome on them was minimal. I did pick up a sidewinder and tossed it a bit. Didn't seem as beefy out of the box as some of the others I've tried recently. Turned and burned it the first couple of forehand throws but eventually got it dialed in. I've been wanting something I can hyzerflip to flat and then turn over late and I think this is gonna be the disc.

I have the same opinions on the Gstar aviars. They have a slick feel compared to the other Gstar discs.

My Gstar big bead aviar is the bee's knees for drives and upshots. I sanded off the heavy bottom flashing line because it was rubbing my fingers raw, and it went from substantially low-speed stable to flying like a worn in kc pro, maybe a touch less glide. The surface is pretty glossy and slick but I feel that its tackiness allows for a lot better grip than regular star or champ. I feel like this thing is glued to my hand when I drive with it. Anyway, based on the wear my G* TBs and Roc have accumulated, grip should only continue to improve as they scuff up.

I have a G Star Boss (175 orange). It is a little less stable than most of my start Bosses and much less stable than Champion. Bosses tend to be inconsistent (some overstable and some slightly stable), so it could just be the disc.

Felt up some gstar rhynos today and that didn't feel as nice as the other gstar molds, not nearly as soft. I didn't care for the feel, I was prepared to pick one up. Dome on them was minimal. I did pick up a sidewinder and tossed it a bit. Didn't seem as beefy out of the box as some of the others I've tried recently. Turned and burned it the first couple of forehand throws but eventually got it dialed in. I've been wanting something I can hyzerflip to flat and then turn over late and I think this is gonna be the disc.

The Sidewinder is exactly that in the G*, from what I have seen in the field so far.

My G* Rhyno is ok, but nothing special. It flies like a Rhyno should, but I totally agree on how slick it is. Its wierd really...its slick, yet grippy at the same time haha. I've found that it sticks well to things like the ground or my skin, or by bag/clothing, but its liked a greased pig when it comes to sticking in the chains. Ive never seen a putter spit through and splash out as much as this disc.

As a driving/upshot disc, I like it and it pretty much does everything my Champ Ontario Rhyno will do. The biggest difference is my Gummy Champ Ontario grabs the chains well too. So from that perspective, I dont see the G* kicking my Ontarios out, unfortunately.

I was hoping to sell my OOP and be able to switch to these.

Latest posts