• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova is bringing serious tech to the disc.

"The Innova LOC8™ system is a really great concept for everyone except me."
- Paul McBeth 2x World Champ, 1050 Rated

This would be seriously cool if it came out. Not sure if the cost factor would make it feasible but the technology seems very reasonable. It would make more sense if you could just attach a chip of some sort to your disc.

"The Innova LOC8™ system is a really great concept for everyone except me."
- Paul McBeth 2x World Champ, 1050 Rated

Lol, I should of read the 2nd page. Yeti even chimed in;
"It's crazy easy! And it allows me to play without having to focus on where my disc goes. I can now concentrate completely on my competitor's shots to make sure they don't advance their lies. It's a brutal, competitive jungle out there!

Sounds like an April fools joke, but I could be real. I just don't know how feasible it would be. Plus the pro comments are just strange.

I've been discussing a LOC8 system for years and I've thought it would need a ring style flat chip that goes all the way around in the rim for balance. Just throwing an IC chip in the rim would screw with weight distribution like crazy. Glad Innova is at least joking with the idea...

I contacted Innova and was able to get a system sent out. Two Terns 175 Blue, Disc Charger and the App is available online for free with code from the Charger. Everything was $599. A little bit spend, yeah. But really cool too. I can't wait!

Loc8

DISC GPS LOCATOR SYSTEM
Phones have it. Cars have it. Some cameras and watches even have it. We put four and fore together and came up with LOC8™. We're proud to announce the first GPS trackable disc system, INNOVA LOC8™. LOC8™ features GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, and NFC all packaged together in a micro-chip, molded directly into the disc rim.

http://www.innovadiscs.com/home/625-innova-loc8-gps-disc-golf-locator.html

Forget stocks and bonds, I'm investing in this. ;-)

Kudos to Innova for coming up with something clever every April Fool's!
The Quiver had to be the best one, though.

The QuackeR will combine the Hydra, Dolphin, Dragon and Wahoo for the ultimate floating golf disc.

Gold.

Haha, I remember the southpaw line. I was at the course like two months after April fool's and a guy who saw me throwing lefty tried telling me there were discs made for lefties. I told him it was a joke, but I think he legitimately bought it.

Now if we can one day actually have GPS-embedded discs...that would be truly a game changer.

Latest posts