• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Pig

BENFTS

Double Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
i just got an Innova pig, i love it. has anyone used a pig before and what do you think about it?

it feels great in my hand, and also feel great when thrown flick. i have been looking for a disc that will feel comfortable and preform when thrown flick. i have used a rhino and use a soft challenger but they just don't work like the pig. it feels great and also works great for shorter approaches.

The guys that I know that like it throw it forehand. I can't imagine putting forehand, but to each their own. The only guy I know who putts backhand with one has a major case of bad form. He torques over his putter every time, and the overstable flight of the Pig masks his form flaws to a certain extent.

The Rhyno does the same thing, but I guess the Pig has more distance potential than the Rhyno. I mean, that's really all it is...a Rhyno with more weight out on the wing so it's faster and more overstable at low speeds. I didn't see enough difference between the two to really get excited.

I like my pig, I mainly use it to get out of trouble. I throw it forehand and it always turns right for me. Works great when I don't have a better shot. Now....if they would just start making them in pink!

Last edited:
i just got an Innova pig, i love it. has anyone used a pig before and what do you think about it?

Picked one up a few months ago. I like the feel and weight of it...BUT, this is truly a massively overstable putter. It dies hard at the end. A little too for me. Great for shorter puts.

Must Have

The Pig is a must have. I use a Ryhno as my main putter but I seem to land in at least one spot each round where I need to hyzer around a tree, bush, etc. For this shot alone a Pig is worth its weight.

The Pig is also a great forehand approach disc.....that doesnt mean you have to putt forehanded to use it :D

I recently got a 175 pro pig and like it for sidearm approaches under 100'. Its hard to get it to fly further accurately.

I really like using my Pig for short approaches that need more of a hyzer. Feel confident throwing at the basket without worrying about it rolling away. It really bites well and sits. I will also use the Pig for headwind putts. It's not as prone to the lift you get throwing into the wind with other putters like the Aviar.

I definately love the pig as well.....after I got it I tried it for forehand putss, works very well, now I don't putt forehand, however, it is nice for when you get in a situation where you only have a look at the basket putting forehand<behind trees>. Also the pig is a good stable backhand approch disc, when you need just more turn than a Ryno. Also bites into the ground well when it lands, doesn't skip much. Only thing I don't like about it as much, when I go for longer forehand approach flicks, it doesn't stay as stable as my gator. So for shorter approches it works, but for longer forehand upshots I use my gator. Have to say, I wish Innova would hurry up and make this available in Pink!!

the pro pig is the only putter I use. It flies better, and feels better in my hand. Great grip, great control! I gave my Aviars away.

The Pig seems to make a great approach disc for wind, sidearm, and hyzering around obstacles.

The Pig is my main putter and I love it! I've tried a few putters and I always feel most confident with the Pig. It has improved my putting for sure.

I carry a pig for certain approach shots and it works well. It usually takes one small skip and stays put. I heard a rumor that Innova is gonna come out with a Star Pig this year. Anyone know if this is true or not?

I started off using a Pig for my main putter but now only use it for hyzer shots/putts around a tree to the basket.

I am not sure about the Star Pig, but I did hear from an Innova rep in the area that there will be a R-Pro Pig coming out in the near future.

Latest posts