• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Power Disc

straight beef. .

Both of mine are straight beef, but the flatter pearly green goes about 50ft further for me(than the domey pink). They both immediately hyzer when I throw them flat, but the flatter one actually just holds it and goes about as far as everything else I throw. 340 maybe 350. It was within a few feet of a brand new gstar thunderbird and pretty new SOLF for me, just had slightly more lateral movement. I only threw my domey pink a few times because it's just too much beef for my old arm. I hope the star feels a little better than the two stiffies that I got.

i kinda like it
PD-PhantomSword-Illust-Purple-Black__25156.1641428463.jpg

Sword? Thats like a pizza shovel or whatever the heck you call em

I got 1 green and 1 pink in today. 174 and 177. Green is pearly and pink is not. Green has a nice mellow dome, pink has a pretty big pop top. Same PLH. Both super stiff despite another here saying the opposite. The pearly one has some of the air bubble splay around the edge, which is honestly disappointing. Interesting that these have the innova, rancho, www molding underneath but the FDs only say made in USA.

They are still made by Innova. Manufacturing inconsistencies are definitely going to be the norm.

second the lust for pro PD. the frugal bastard i am though i'll wait two seasons when the pro pd is plentiful and inexpensive as seconds lol

i dont even understand myself

i wont pay $18 for champ plastic and some shipping

but i wouldnt hesitate buying a stack of f2 ppd and dropping at least $100 minimum

i dont even understand myself

i wont pay $18 for champ plastic and some shipping

but i wouldnt hesitate buying a stack of f2 ppd and dropping at least $100 minimum

Well you do live in the land of a 1000 lakes I think. Probably prudent to have a stack of water carry discs to protect the plaz ion.

Threw PD today on a cold and windy day in Chicago. It was just what I expected it to be somewhat beefy but manageable. It had zero turn with a nice straight flight and consistent dump at end. Seems like it will be very trustworthy like older PDs were. Definitely going to keep in bag.

Got my star PDs in today. Haven't had a chance to toss them yet. They both feel nice. The pink has a little more dome and the blue has that annoying bubble rim that Innova does. Overall they feel like nice PDs. I'll report back after I get a chance to throw them. I'm also probably going to wipe the stamp. It is just bad.

Attachments

• 20220108_121002.jpg
    20220108_121002.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 102
Got a set of star and champ but haven't had a chance to throw em. Comparing PLH and dome to some of my favorites, think these are going to be great runs. The champ has a slightly higher PLH but very close to ones I like. Not the super high PLH beefcake runs.

... The dark rebel FD is the only innova disc I've ever seen that has no innova tooling.

You can add the recent Innova Pro Shop Freebie Friday Halo Star Teebirds to the short list of Innova discs without Innova tooling. The only tooling on the underside is MADE IN USA.

How stiff are the star ones? Hoping they're not as stiff as the champions I got.

Just got back from throwing these (star) in a field. Outstanding run of PD. The pink is a little more overstable than the flat blue one. Both held their line the entire flight. They flew like my old penned s-lines. As for stiffness. They are slightly stiff. Not gummy, but not rock hard. I'm very pleased

Got my star PDs in today. Haven't had a chance to toss them yet. They both feel nice. The pink has a little more dome and the blue has that annoying bubble rim that Innova does. Overall they feel like nice PDs. I'll report back after I get a chance to throw them. I'm also probably going to wipe the stamp. It is just bad.

So that's really the stamp? I thought it was a joke done on photoshop.

So that's really the stamp? I thought it was a joke done on photoshop.

Ya, I already wiped the pink one and it is sitting in a glue bed dye right now. I'll post a pic when it is done.

The stamp isn't just a dumb design, it has a very unrefined, unprofessional look. Like what you'd expect from a high school project.

I love that Innova is releasing these old Discmania molds. I just which they weren't coming up with these stupid names and stamps. Why couldn't it just be fairway disc and power disc and a nice clean standard star and champ stamp, or even a first run proto star stamp. Hopefully after this first run that is what they do.

Ya, I already wiped the pink one and it is sitting in a glue bed dye right now. I'll post a pic when it is done.

The stamp isn't just a dumb design, it has a very unrefined, unprofessional look. Like what you'd expect from a high school project.

I love that Innova is releasing these old Discmania molds. I just which they weren't coming up with these stupid names and stamps. Why couldn't it just be fairway disc and power disc and a nice clean standard star and champ stamp, or even a first run proto star stamp. Hopefully after this first run that is what they do.

It's strange. They've had some very well done tour series stamps this last year. GG Wraith, Vinny Destro, Jerm Thundy, Sexton FB's are usually very nice. Then they come up with these last two that are just bizarrely low quality.

Latest posts