• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova Pro28 install wobble

Matt B.

Eagle Member
Installed the new Innova Discatcher Pro28 baskets, and I'm wondering how much "wobble" or play others putting these in are seeing, primarily where the band/hangers install at the top of the pole. How much movement is normal? Anyone use different fasteners to tighten them up?

If installed correctly there should be no wobble. Make sure to tighten up that one way screw. Using the Pro28s at all our recent installs.

Even after tightening the screws, i had a little wobble on a few baskets. I used a small washer as a shim... and knocked it in there just using a hammer and flathead screwdriver.

I could be wrong but, I thought I saw somewhere that these were supposed to have that looseness/give built in on purpose?

Don't remember where/when it was I saw that, I think it was in a video though...???

I dont know about this basket, but I also noticed some serious wobble on the DD basket in the commercials during broadcasts. For this reason I decided against that basket. I cant imagine the wobble would be, or should be, normal

no hardware can tighten that part of the basket, it is suppose to be a little loose. also, that top bolt can be removed in 1 minute by thieves and they will have the money end of the basket.

no hardware can tighten that part of the basket, it is suppose to be a little loose. also, that top bolt can be removed in 1 minute by thieves and they will have the money end of the basket.

We always tack weld all the tops, baskets, and lock collars on.
Just for that reason, plus that way there is no more wobble.

Thanks for all the replies, still interested in more ideas and experiences. I'll ask Innova about the wobble and if it is designed and useful or a product of improper assembly. I know we had some problems with the little screws, the ones that were tightened all the way didn't stop the wobble.

I thought about the shim idea, seems like a fast fix. We did use thread lock, but spot welding sounds better.

Keep it coming, thanks!

I know one dude that had a portable 28 that he shimmed up with toothpicks to take the wobble out. It's a decent non-permanent solution that's pretty easy and cheap to do without tools. It took quite a few toothpicks, but they were evenly spaced around the collar so it didn't get off-kilter. They were also easy to break off once shoved in there to give a cleaner look at the top of the collar.

For a permanent installation, spot welding would be choice...if you can get welding equipment to the target or vice-versa. Short of that, I like Goose's idea above.

I've had the same problem with several basket installs. The trick we came up with was to take one of the metal-wire landscaping flags and tap it down into the space between the top of the basket and the center pole where the wobble happens. Tap it down in there like a piston ring. If done correctly the wobble will be completely gone.

I've had the same problem with several basket installs. The trick we came up with was to take one of the metal-wire landscaping flags and tap it down into the space between the top of the basket and the center pole where the wobble happens. Tap it down in there like a piston ring. If done correctly the wobble will be completely gone.

It sounds reasonable, but right under your name it says "Newbie". I am unsure how to proceed regarding your suggestion.

Innova got back to me and the official answer is that the wobble is a result of variance in the galvanization of the poles so that some are looser. Better looser than too tight and not able to fit. The wobble is not a design feature and should be corrected with stainless washers on the through bolt. It sounds to me like most suggestions in this thread would work too.

I took that impossible-to-screw-in security screw and hammered it into the gap to stop the wobble. Bought some set screws for the security holes, loctited them, and staked the head with a chisel.

Latest posts