• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Shryke

I got 375 feet with my new Gstar Shryke at the baseball field. So I have three different model 23mm wide discs with only 9 feet of separation between them. Just different movement. Power is power.

I got 375 feet with my new Gstar Shryke at the baseball field. So I have three different model 23mm wide discs with only 9 feet of separation between them. Just different movement. Power is power.

What are the other models?

Very few discs give me the same distance Shrykes do. Terns and Ballistas are about it.

Have Shrykes gotten more stable in recent runs? They've been my go-to distance driver since they came out, and I typically pick them up in tournament players packs and payouts. Every Shryke that I've gotten this year (2019) has been way more stable than what I've been used to, both Star and Champ. Am I mis-remembering how flippy the 2017/18 runs were out of the box? Or maybe I've just lost arm speed? Either/both are entirely possible, curious to hear from others.

Have Shrykes gotten more stable in recent runs? They've been my go-to distance driver since they came out, and I typically pick them up in tournament players packs and payouts. Every Shryke that I've gotten this year (2019) has been way more stable than what I've been used to, both Star and Champ. Am I mis-remembering how flippy the 2017/18 runs were out of the box? Or maybe I've just lost arm speed? Either/both are entirely possible, curious to hear from others.

I think like most wide rim drivers there's too much variation to pinpoint that one year is more OS than the other. I've gotten new Stars this year that have varied between beefy and true to the numbers. I also have some older penned ones that varied that much as well. It just comes down to comparing the PLH and dome.

So I really like my GStar Shryke for backhand throws but if I try to forehand it it seems to just turn and never flip back up to flat. Is it just poor form or something else?

So I really like my GStar Shryke for backhand throws but if I try to forehand it it seems to just turn and never flip back up to flat. Is it just poor form or something else?

I find that flippy discs don't work well for sidearm shots. G* Shrykes are good out past 400', but you'll need a hyzer release to keep the disc from turning and burning.

If you want to sidearm a Shryke, try a champion. They're noticeably beefier than G*s.

It could be form, or it just may be that you should put more initial hyzer on it when you throw it forehand. If that's still a problem, then it may just be too understable for the way you throw forehand.

If you want to sidearm a Shryke, try a champion. They're noticeably beefier than G*s.[/QUOTE]

Ok, Thanks for the input. I did buy a champion shryke but haven't really had the chance to throw it much yet.

My colorglow champ and star shryke are my favourite flick distance driver discs now. My color glow is so nice for big flip ups or s curves. My star is good for more flexy shots.

Idk about the other guys but doesn't the Eaglet primarily throw OS stuff?

He throws his mids real far on FH shots a lot. I think I've seen him throw his Cloudbreakers on bomber shots too, with a lot of hyzer.

Pretty much all the top pro's with cannons for BH shots throw their "flippiest" Destroyers/PD2's/etc. for their FH's. Yeah those discs are still overstable, but they pretty much all mention how their FH is weaker than their BH and they have to disc down.

It's kind of a weird situation compared to normal people though since they throw their BH shots like 100'+ farther than FH without issue.

I got 383 feet with the gstar shryke today. It finished right. I hope to hit 400 feet before I turn 50.:D Still have a few months.

I got 383 feet with the gstar shryke today. It finished right. I hope to hit 400 feet before I turn 50.:D Still have a few months.

G* Shrykes are super long. You might also try a star Shryke if you ever get a chance. I've surpassed 450' with both.

Also, give the star Tern a look. They're every bit as long as Shrykes, maybe even longer.

This. 150-class Pro Shrykes are awesome. :thmbup:

I pulled a 152g star Shryke out of the lake last weekend. I'm curious to see what it'll do. Part of me thinks its going to be too flippy to even throw effectively. Its that cheap, almost blizzardy looking star plastic. I'm not super optimistic about this disc.

Lightest Shryke I've thrown to date is 165g.

I pulled a 152g star Shryke out of the lake last weekend. I'm curious to see what it'll do. Part of me thinks its going to be too flippy to even throw effectively. Its that cheap, almost blizzardy looking star plastic. I'm not super optimistic about this disc.

Lightest Shryke I've thrown to date is 165g.

For your arm it may be flippy, but for casual/am arms the 150-class Pro Shrykes can be very good.

From all of the runs of Shrykes I've thrown, this is how I would rank stability:
INNcolor Star, XXL Star, Glow Champion, Stock Champion, Mini Stamp Star, Penned Star, Color Glow Champion, Embossed Star, G-Star, Pro.

Just got a few "Lisa Fajkus splatter Star" and "Team Champion Luster" Shryke

Anyone know how the fit in the stability of all Shrykes?

Latest posts