• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Stud: New PnA

Well, I ordered a FR Star and a couple DX studs. I haven't tried out a new mold in quite a while, so this will be fun.

I ordered an FR Star, but they did not have the DXs listed as available when I ordered, so it's just the Star for now. Sooooooo, I guess I'll get a DX and another Star later.

Funny story. My son, who is 4, LOVES the Innova proto star stamp. He calls it the Star Wars stamp. I have a FR XT Colt with that stamp that is HIS disc. However, I'm scared that he's going to lose it or destroy it somehow, and I won't be able to replace it or will have to spend $$$. I have other proto XT colts, but none with that stamp. There was already one incident in which it got left somewhere and severely warped. I had to use boiling water to straighten it back out. Anyway, I guess if he ever loses that one I could give him the star Stud I just ordered. They are both purple, so he might accept it as a substitute. :)

I ordered an FR Star, but they did not have the DXs listed as available when I ordered, so it's just the Star for now. Sooooooo, I guess I'll get a DX and another Star later.

Anyone remember the candy called "Now & Laters"? Well, later is now, I ordered a DX Stud from Infinite Discs. Spread the love and wealth around, and we'll see who can get my discs to me faster...

Anyone remember the candy called "Now & Laters"? Well, later is now, I ordered a DX Stud from Infinite Discs. Spread the love and wealth around, and we'll see who can get my discs to me faster...

Classic old person candy

That's the (only) bad thing about discgolfcenter. I do the majority of my shopping there but the free shipping option is never fast, especially on a 1 or 2 disc order. The send it out quick enough but the post office sure takes their time.

That's the (only) bad thing about discgolfcenter. I do the majority of my shopping there but the free shipping option is never fast, especially on a 1 or 2 disc order. The send it out quick enough but the post office sure takes their time.

Yup. Order 3 and it flies, 1 or 2 and it crawls.

Yup. Order 3 and it flies, 1 or 2 and it crawls.

Agree with both of you. Worse, it's not like all that far from Orlando to Atlanta, but not only does FedEx and USPS seem to take their time getting it up the road (I-75 in this case), but it's like 22 hours to go from FedEx "smartpost" in Atlanta to the Post Office near me.

One time the tracking said that FedEx had dropped off the packages at my home Post Office. I go to see if I can pick it up, and they say it's just sitting on the dock and won't be processed until the next morning. I walked away silently, but angry. The woman behind the counter says behind my back "What are we supposed to do?"

I just turned around and said "You're going to sit on your lazy asses and let those packages sit there untouched all day, and I can't get mine until tomorrow? Really?" I just left, then got home and fired off a letter to my Congressman (who is worthless himself).

As to Infinite Discs, I know this is not their fault, but sometimes the Post Office at Salt Lake City seems to hold the packages for an exorbitantly long time. A Tuesday order got to me in Atlanta on Thursday morning... but it went to Boise instead of Salt Lake City. Dunno what the problem with the SLC Post Office is, but it can be a choke point.

I'm expecting the Stud to be shallow-rimmed like the Colt....

You are right on with that expectation sir. I was able to visit our local shop today and got my hands on both the Proto Star Star and DX versions. The rim depth is easily comparable to a Colt, though I feel it does have a bit more volume to it.

I am excited to really let is fly tomorrow at league, but after some preliminary putting at the shop I definitely like the feel.

Infinite has it's flight chart and specs up, and it is listed at 1.1 cm width https://infinitediscs.com/Innova-Stud

I just ordered me a couple to test in DX plastic form Infinite Discs. They had a few to choose from in the lighter 169/170 weight ranges, and you get to see the disc AND stamp color...Nice!

Also used AndyJB's discount code, thanks Andy!

I just ordered me a couple to test in DX plastic form Infinite Discs. They had a few to choose from in the lighter 169/170 weight ranges, and you get to see the disc AND stamp color...Nice!

Also used AndyJB's discount code, thanks Andy!

What is the discount?

You are right on with that expectation sir. I was able to visit our local shop today and got my hands on both the Proto Star Star and DX versions. The rim depth is easily comparable to a Colt, though I feel it does have a bit more volume to it.

I am excited to really let is fly tomorrow at league, but after some preliminary putting at the shop I definitely like the feel.

Infinite has it's flight chart and specs up, and it is listed at 1.1 cm width https://infinitediscs.com/Innova-Stud

Flat or domey?

Thanks for the info. I am (im)patiently waiting for my orders to arrive so that I can test this mold in the field...