• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Innova SuperHero Backpack

Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about this bag?

I haven't seen one in person or used one, but its a Grip replica thats more than likely far less quality. Not sure about a warranty on the SuperHero, but Grip's is hard to beat. Im not a fan of that disc pocket on the front. I much prefer it on the flap to the main disc compartment. But for $100 its hard to not try it out. Especially if you haven't had a backpack bag before.

I don't regret buying it

I have Super HeroPack that I bought from a sale for 70 euros. I have had it now for a month and I think its just fine bag for the price of 100 bucks. The bag feels quite comfortable in the back. It has really a lot of room for all the equipment you'll need and expandable side pockets are great too. There are also smaller pockets inside the side pockets and water bottle holders and smaller pockets(for mini) in both sides. The bag easily holds more than 20 discs in the main pocket, two in the front pocket and two in the upper pocket. If you don't need any other stuff than discs, you can also fit 5 discs to each side pocket and 5 more in the upper pockets.

I'm just a little concerned about it's quality but with normal use I think it should last for a few years at least. One other bad thing I've found is that when there is a little more weight in upper pockets, the flap of the disc storage doesn't stick to the back very well.

But overall, I think that the bag is very affordable in it's price range. For myself, I at least don't regret buying it.

I have Super HeroPack that I bought from a sale for 70 euros. I have had it now for a month and I think its just fine bag for the price of 100 bucks. The bag feels quite comfortable in the back. It has really a lot of room for all the equipment you'll need and expandable side pockets are great too. There are also smaller pockets inside the side pockets and water bottle holders and smaller pockets(for mini) in both sides. The bag easily holds more than 20 discs in the main pocket, two in the front pocket and two in the upper pocket. If you don't need any other stuff than discs, you can also fit 5 discs to each side pocket and 5 more in the upper pockets.

I'm just a little concerned about it's quality but with normal use I think it should last for a few years at least. One other bad thing I've found is that when there is a little more weight in upper pockets, the flap of the disc storage doesn't stick to the back very well.

But overall, I think that the bag is very affordable in it's price range. For myself, I at least don't regret buying it.

Nice to see that its working out. I have a friend that was looking into buying one of these, but wanted to see some actual reviews before he went out and pulled the trigger

I haven't seen one in person or used one, but its a Grip replica thats more than likely far less quality. Not sure about a warranty on the SuperHero, but Grip's is hard to beat. Im not a fan of that disc pocket on the front. I much prefer it on the flap to the main disc compartment. But for $100 its hard to not try it out. Especially if you haven't had a backpack bag before.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the ProtoPack Backpack more comparable to a Grip and a Superhero more like a nicer version of a Magellan bag?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the ProtoPack Backpack more comparable to a Grip and a Superhero more like a nicer version of a Magellan bag?

I think you'd find a close comparison between the superhero and the AX series.

Close, but I think you mean the Innova HeroPack backpack that was the Magellan clone. Looks like the new SuperHero pack is somewhere between the HeroPack and ProtoPack.

I have the Superhero backpack and it is the one of the best backpacks I have ever worn. It feels really comfortable and holds everything I need for a tight line wooded course. I have 30 discs in it with 4 water bottles. You won't regret buying it

I love mine. I'm a noob though, so take that with a grain of salt.

Impressed with just how much storage it has, in the non-disc areas. Some of the courses I play it comes in handy when you need 8 bottles of mosquito spray (for holes 1-9). I have 25 discs, 6 of which are putters/mids, and those fit comfortably in there with more room to spare if need be.

SuperHero bag.

I know one of the new SuperHero Bags is waterproof the H2O model is the one I would buy if I did not get a different bag that has a seat to it.

I know one of the new SuperHero Bags is waterproof the H2O model is the one I would buy if I did not get a different bag that has a seat to it.

Bought a different pack instead, happy with it cost and design of whole thing, pack is actually a Vertex Angler Backpack.

Last edited:
Cover not sticking to velcro

I've had a Superhero since October and I like it for the most part. Winning it saved me the $200+ of buying a Simian.

The only big complaint is that when I put my wallet, keys and phone in the top soft lined pocket, the Velcro that holds the main compartment cover doesn't stay stuck to the Velcro along my back. So I have to push the cover out of the way to get to the discs.

Has anyone come up with an easy solution? My wife is a pretty good seamstress, so I'm going to enlist her help to solve it. Has anyone added snaps or someth8ng else to solve it?

I've had a Superhero since October and I like it for the most part. Winning it saved me the $200+ of buying a Simian.

The only big complaint is that when I put my wallet, keys and phone in the top soft lined pocket, the Velcro that holds the main compartment cover doesn't stay stuck to the Velcro along my back. So I have to push the cover out of the way to get to the discs.

Has anyone come up with an easy solution? My wife is a pretty good seamstress, so I'm going to enlist her help to solve it. Has anyone added snaps or someth8ng else to solve it?

I got some velcro and simply added another strip next to the current velcro strips in the bag. works well. :thmbup:

I got this bag for Christmas. I'm loving how it fits on my wide shoulders. The quality is holding up great in the few months i've had it no issues. My only complaint would be as others have mentioned that the velcro to hold the flap back is a little too small or not velcroy (making up words lol) enough when you put a wallet and keys in the front top pocket the flap doesn't hold back as well. Small issue really and probably easily fixed with an added strip of velcro but so small an issue that i haven't bother to do anything about it yet.

Thinking of different ways to trick out the superhero... basically I feel like there are just a few zones that have some wasted space. Above the main disc compartment where the flap would normally Velcro in, there doesn't seem to be any reasonable way to actually get the flap female Velcro to touch the backside male Velcro when you have the top putter pockets full. Thinking why not Velcro additional disc storage in the back? I was initially thinking you could Velcro another pocket or sleeve right there. Alternatively, I thinking you could get a couple strong magnets attached to eachother with paracord or some other kind of fabric, Velcro one end to the back Velcro zone as described, place a disc over it, and bring the other end over the disc and have it hold the disc there in place. Maybe more elegant than adding additional pockets or straps??

Also I am thinking some additional Velcro on the outside in strategic places might help. Could add some more slots out front over the innova logo for storing another disc or two.

So I'm thinking about upgrading my bag in the near future. Currently, I have an Innova deluxe bag. As I get more discs, I'm going to need a bigger and more comfortable bag, all while being at a reasonable price. The super hero pack sounds like a good fit.

What say you, fellow disc golfers? How is this bag holding up for ya'll?

This is the new SuperHero Pack II
watch
Comes with Rain Fly that the lower end packs do not have.

So I'm thinking about upgrading my bag in the near future. Currently, I have an Innova deluxe bag. As I get more discs, I'm going to need a bigger and more comfortable bag, all while being at a reasonable price. The super hero pack sounds like a good fit.

What say you, fellow disc golfers? How is this bag holding up for ya'll?

After playing about twice a week for a year, I'm getting tears in the fabric on mine. Still say it's probably worth what I paid for it.

Latest posts