• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova Wahoo

Wahoo is a great name. Just not such a good disc... I was all about it but after a few rounds it is too flippy. I would like to see a Champ Wahoo but it probably wouldn't float.

I put mine in a gully the other day, and it floated well. I thew it straight, and it hit the ground near the water, and skipped, and landed in about a foot of water. It worked well. It is flippy if thrown into the wind, but it seems like it would really fly with a tail wind.

I made it through the first 15 pages or so. I can't believe no one came up with "Nessy" as a name. Maybe I know too many British people.

i realize that for many people, the wahoo was flippy to start with. but here's a question for those individuals that considered it a bit overstable at the start ...

now that some time has passed and people have gotten a chance to break them in, has the wahoo stayed atleast somewhat overstable for you? or have they gone the way of, say, a dx orc, that is only overstable for about 30 throws?

This might have been mentioned already, but a "Wahoo" is a prized fish you troll for in the ocean. Your most likely gonna catch one when your trolling for Mahi Mahi(Dolphin). They are very very good to eat. Wahoo is a strange name, but I live on the coast and there are tons in our offshore waters, so im very familiar with it. Its a house hold name for a fish in these parts.

This might have been mentioned already, but a "Wahoo" is a prized fish you troll for in the ocean. Your most likely gonna catch one when your trolling for Mahi Mahi(Dolphin). They are very very good to eat. Wahoo is a strange name, but I live on the coast and there are tons in our offshore waters, so im very familiar with it. Its a house hold name for a fish in these parts.

Dolphin Fish You are not eating Dolphin when you eat mahi mahi.

52%20inch%20Mahi-Mahi.jpg

I have had some really good mahi mahi but then some really bad. Thats what I get for being so far inland.

Dolphin Fish You are not eating Dolphin when you eat mahi mahi.

52%20inch%20Mahi-Mahi.jpg

I have had some really good mahi mahi but then some really bad. Thats what I get for being so far inland.

YES sir you are!! There is a mammal called a dolphin and a Fish (mahi) called dolphin. I troll for dolphin so I should know!

Such a bad disc. This thing is flippy and horrid. I watched a buddy throw it FH with almost 40 degrees of hyzer and it still flipped over and actually barrel rolled and pancaked out. I throw BH and threw with hyzer to achieve similar results. This thing is useless.

Such a bad disc. This thing is flippy and horrid. I watched a buddy throw it FH with almost 40 degrees of hyzer and it still flipped over and actually barrel rolled and pancaked out. I throw BH and threw with hyzer to achieve similar results. This thing is useless.

Now you know what it is like to throw this disc:

attachment.php

At least it has the excuse of being 134 grams. I dunno what the Wahoo's problem is.

Its not a disc if it floats more like a witch!

i threw drivers for the first time in months(working on form) so i pure out two leopards 300 no warm up then i flip this guys wahoo because he is so proud to have such an awesome disc. i proceeded to watch him butcher shot after shot with this stupid disc and then he tells me not to worry he has a stack of them.....INNOVA please market the leopard or make it in float material...don't get into a GROOVE with this Wahoo!

i wanted to try out one for myself.

i'm average i think. i launch my star leopard 300' very consistantly, 330'+ now and then on flat ground, no wind. i don't think i have much oat.

having said that, i have never thrown a disc that was so insanely flippy out of the box. for me, the ratings do not match the disc.

opened up the box, the disc had the big edge that i like (similar to halo, boss, nuke), the plastic was SUPER grippy, i tossed it in the sink and it floated like a fishing bobber. i had high hopes for this disc as my understable floater... but then i went outside and threw it.

if anyone has need of a high speed understable floater, i may be up for a trade or something.

i've only thrown it about 10 times. i'd like to take it out on a day with zero wind on flat ground and see if it can be used for anything but i doubt it will fit any throw i need.

here's some pics of mine

Attachments

• Wahoo 1.jpg
    Wahoo 1.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 98
  • Wahoo 2.jpg
    Wahoo 2.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 48
Hmm, well, yet another disc that I like that the majority of the forum hates. Oh well :D I've only played a few rounds with it, but it's payed for itself already since I definitely would have lost it for good today. Winged it out into water that would have been too deep to wade in and went and got it in the canoe. You can't sink the thing, it actually floats really well like it is supposed to (unlike the Dragon imo, it doesn't stay up as long). Case in point, my gf threw her dragon in the water halfway or so through the round at our private course. We saw it floating and decided we'd get it later (a mistake, I know). I threw my Wahoo in several holes later. After the round, I went back to look for the dragon, it was nowhere to be seen, but the Wahoo was still floating like a champ.

Anyway, I'm still learning to drive with it, but I find it to be a straight-flying disc for the most part. Sometimes it'll fade on me, but it flies well when thrown right, just like most other discs. Feels good in my hand. Normally I don't throw much for speed 12's (Wraith is usually the highest speed disc I regularly throw with during a round), but I bought this disc mainly because it floats. I've thrown it in the drink 2 or 3 times already and it always just bobs right up to the top.

Okay, forget everything I said up there ^^^ After break-in, it is indeed, VERY flippy. I know that it isn't just me because my other discs just aren't that sensitive. It doesn't seem to matter much how I throw it. It has a bad attitude and just flips over onto its side and says, "Well, you weren't going to get par on this hole anyway, get Buzzz SS to get you there, I'm NOT in the mood." The only reason I use that disc anymore is simply for water shots where I'd rather not permanently lose a disc. Other than that, it is indeed worthless, IMO. Started out great, but once it beats in, forget it.

Too understable!

I just got a Wahoo today and I was horribly disappointed. They rate this a Turn factor of -2, but (at least the one I got) should be rated -5. My first throw turned over like a roller! Even thrown with extreme hyzer this disc turns over. You can tell right away by the extremely high dome that this disc will not hold at high speed and certainly will not work at all in a headwind. Perhaps for extreme uphill or tailwind this disc will work but that's it man.

To limit a disc to one weight and make it in R-poo, well guess its as bad as cleaning a loaded gun.

I use mine just for shots where water might come into play, so it dosen't get much use, so it still flies pretty good

Latest posts