• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Innova wolf

My 10 year old really digs his.
Though he seems like he is starting to prefer his shark instead for most shots.

It was to state that I am in agreement with you as to a Star Stingray being my favorite understable midrange, similar to the way that this character always said POW! after everything his buddy said.

Ohhhh.... NOW I get it....POW!:thmbup:

I would have said my Z-Comet but its technically stable; not understable.

The Wolf is a very understable midrange disc. It has a groove track for the thumb, making it very easy to grip, and excellent and simple for a beginner to use. one problem of the wolf is since it is only in DX plastic, a disc that is understable off the shelf, quickly gets beat to extremely understable. At this point it is very tough to drive with it, as even for shots that do require turnover, it will turnover and have wicked cut rolls that are uncontrollable.

After being beat, it is still useful for smaller arms (beginners) that won't get it up to cruising speed, and will stay fairly straight for them. It also remains useful for shorter approaches but will be near impossible to be powered effectively.

My midrange of choice is the Meteor, in ESP plastic. Feels great in the hand, predictably understable at high speeds with great glide.

To echo what several have already said- the Wolf is good for people who don't throw with enough speed/snap. If you throw decently, there are a slew of discs that would be better choices than the Wolf. For what it's worth, I have a friend that threw a Wolf backhand- it was good for him because he was normally a FH guy, and couldn't throw as well BH.

I have wolf that i bought for my wife. I love it for its almost complete lack of fade. It is easy to anny but it has turned over on me a few times since I am throwing harder now. Very easy to throw for beginners. Just my $.02

Well horse turds...

I picked this disc up fairly cheap the other day. haven't thown it yet... but wanted to see if it would make for a decent roller... Maybe???? I just can't find a freaking good ROLLER DISC!!!!!:wall:

I think the stingray is a similar, but superior disc, and far better in DX than star.