• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Instant Disc Beat-ins???

tomjulio

Eagle Member
Gold level trusted reviewer
Come on, let us hear the way you beat your new discs in besides the lengthy playing with routine. What are the good "instant" ones?

Spiking it in the dirt a couple times. I know I just answened this question a week ago or so in a similar thread

I have thrown champion innova discs into trees from about 3 ft away.

I have thrown champion innova discs into trees from about 3 ft away.

I have done this to DX Banshees to get thim to flip when tommied or thumbered.

Only have owned 2 champions, and one I lost on the 2nd throw ever with it :( and the other is my Monarch. Champ doesnt save a disc from flying into the bermuda triangle, hence my DX love.

I just let mine slowly beat in. I hate having a disc that has less life than it could have.

I use my new drivers for roller shots. Even if it isn't really hard contact, subconsciously i feel that the extended contact with the ground will break the disc in faster.

There are so many trees on the courses I play I don't normally have to go looking for ways to speed up the "beating in" process.

There are so many trees on the courses I play I don't normally have to go looking for ways to speed up the "beating in" process.

Seconded...and third-ed.

I can hit the one overhanging dead branch that is 2" tall on the tree I finally learned to miss.

I can also hit the only tree in the middle or a course. I can also hit the F***ing top of the basket too.

*grumbles*

\/\/

tumble dry in the drier. knocks them around with no heat. Sure is loud though, and I'm not of the damage I'm doing to drier. oh well. [shugs shoulders]

im a fan of repeatedly running them over on the pavement with my car...works nicely to break some of the bonds in the rim if it is done right. :D

i usually just beat them in naturally but usually i end up hitting a lot of trees another thing i will do is throw my disc at the ground making them roll while i wait for my turn to throw.

not sure if it affects the flight but really warm water and just flex or massage the discs flight plate and rim, i play on lots of muddy courses, wash discs often and found that my discs become "playable" or more flexible really quick

i'd compare it to a new star --> broken in star
as far as flight plate softness ' that make sense?

anyways, heard some rumors bout laundry dryers ? never thought of trying it for myself but maybe the heat and gentle tumbling loosens the plate and rim enough to "mimic" broken in feel

like i said though, not sure about this affecting the stableness....

anyways, heard some rumors bout laundry dryers ? never thought of trying it for myself but maybe the heat and gentle tumbling loosens the plate and rim enough to "mimic" broken in feel

like i said though, not sure about this affecting the stableness....

I have done this. It beats it up and your drier should have a low or no heat setting, like a tumble dry type thing. It just knocks them around for a while. It may mess up the drier though. Mine is still fine, but it makes a LOT of noise when you do it.

I have done this. It beats it up and your drier should have a low or no heat setting, like a tumble dry type thing. It just knocks them around for a while. It may mess up the drier though. Mine is still fine, but it makes a LOT of noise when you do it.

i have heard that if you do the drier deal - towels are a great addition for noise reduction, should save the dryer a little, i assume it might take longer

also i agree, LOW HEAT!
my tap water gets pretty hot, it'll make discs flex easily, never tried super hot water, i got to keep my hands in it

I was doing some field practice earlier this year and had a case of grip lock that sent a wizard into the nearby street (very light traffic on this particular road).... Just my luck a douche in a blue mini-van comes along, swerves onto the wrong side of the road and runs over my disc.... I was so mad, but then a threw it and it was straight as an arrow all flight! This is my go to approach disc now.

So, if you have access to a douche in a blue mini-van you might want to give it a shot!

I tell big black guys at bars that my new disc said he was fat, that beats them in pretty quick.