• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Interesting marker disc.

Team_Vod

My wife and I have come across a toy she had from her childhood that came from a late 1970's Burger King Happy Meal. Thirty eight years ago the summer toys in happy meals were meant to get kids outdoors to run and play. Unfortunatley that has changed over the past 4 decades.

The toy in question is a small, red, plastic Burger King "frisbee" disc. She had no idea her parents kept it all these years. Her dad passed away 7 years ago and ever since her mom has been downsizing and getting her house ready for sale. Now the house has been sold and moving day is coming very soon. My wife and I have been clearing out the items we want to keep, including the Burger King "frisbee" disc.

We are going to use it as a marker disc for our disc golf games. We are taking an almost 40 year old toy that was meant to get kids outdoors to run and play and re-purposing it to get a couple of adults outdoors to play. And it is still being used for very close to its intended purpose.

Attachments

• 20161104_201957.jpg
    20161104_201957.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 272
"1978 Burger King Corporation."

Pretty sweet! :thmbup:

I dig it! Just don't lose it. I have a habit of leaving markers after either making a great putt and running to get it, or throwing a terrible shot and storming off...

That is super cool.
But as mentioned above, don't forget to pick that baby up.
I loose one every couple years.

Burger King also gave these away.

s-l1600.jpg

My wife and I have come across a toy she had from her childhood that came from a late 1970's Burger King Happy Meal. Thirty eight years ago the summer toys in happy meals were meant to get kids outdoors to run and play. Unfortunatley that has changed over the past 4 decades.

The toy in question is a small, red, plastic Burger King "frisbee" disc. She had no idea her parents kept it all these years. Her dad passed away 7 years ago and ever since her mom has been downsizing and getting her house ready for sale. Now the house has been sold and moving day is coming very soon. My wife and I have been clearing out the items we want to keep, including the Burger King "frisbee" disc.

We are going to use it as a marker disc for our disc golf games. We are taking an almost 40 year old toy that was meant to get kids outdoors to run and play and re-purposing it to get a couple of adults outdoors to play. And it is still being used for very close to its intended purpose.

Love it.

The first time I played disc golf, it was with a 40 year old frisbee. Twas all I had, so I used it.

I have a bunch of oddball mini's crammed in a box somewhere including these gems from 1991:

batman-returns-frisbee-batdisc-lid-from-mcdonalds-1992.jpg

Disc Golf sponsored by Burger King!!!! WOOHOOOOOOO!!! McDonald's too!!!!

Finally getting the big sponsors. ;)

I used to have a couple Tony the Tiger minis from Frosted Flakes. I gave one of them to Tony Tran. They came in many different of colors. I'll find them if I ever clean out my back room or look in my dad's attic.

My buddy just 3D printed a Death Star mini. It is a very limited edition as he only made 2 of them and I got one.

Latest posts