• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Internal frame for Zuca backpack cart?

Did you ever make any headway with this?

I forgot all about this thread. Yeah so I did make a frame and it's awesome. Got it off of this web site here. I used the DIY PVC plans toward the bottom of that page. Didn't even bother to glue the PVC together since it wedges in fairly snug. Very simple to build. Put a small Fade Gear bag on top of the rack to hold things like a Golden Retriever, wallet, keys, water bottle etc.

-Dave

I actually posted a picture of it in this thread over here. In that thread I was asking for what was the best bag for that cart but I've given up (for now) on buying a new bag for that cart now that I've put a rack in it.

-Dave

This is a rough cardboard mock up. Bottom for discs, middle slot for putters, top will be enclosed for valuables and such. I'll have a lid from the top, under the seat

Attachments

• IMG_20191220_213102.jpg
    IMG_20191220_213102.jpg
    148.1 KB · Views: 63
I forgot all about this thread. Yeah so I did make a frame and it's awesome. Got it off of this web site here. I used the DIY PVC plans toward the bottom of that page. Didn't even bother to glue the PVC together since it wedges in fairly snug. Very simple to build. Put a small Fade Gear bag on top of the rack to hold things like a Golden Retriever, wallet, keys, water bottle etc.

-Dave

Makes me think a person with a $120 MVP cart could make the rack and make top rack a tad taller. Make top have tubing across like second row. Then add a thicker plastic cutting board with hinge to the top for a seat, adding some padding to it for comfort like a kneeling gardening pad. Then attach the rain fly for Zuca/Dynamic Disc Bapack Cart to the part to hide discs better from elements in the rain. Could also before adding rain fly attach the disc storage device to the cart better so it will not come off unless the screws are removed. This way you have a seat cart without the $$$ price tag.

Makes me think a person with a $120 MVP cart could make the rack and make top rack a tad taller. Make top have tubing across like second row. Then add a thicker plastic cutting board with hinge to the top for a seat, adding some padding to it for comfort like a kneeling gardening pad. Then attach the rain fly for Zuca/Dynamic Disc Bapack Cart to the part to hide discs better from elements in the rain. Could also before adding rain fly attach the disc storage device to the cart better so it will not come off unless the screws are removed. This way you have a seat cart without the $$$ price tag.

You can buy PVC in sheets, 1/4,1/2, and 3/4 inch thick. No need for things like cutting boards. You can easily Fab it right the first time.

Also, I took mine apart today, and lowered it by 3 inches. the seat is at a more comfortable height.

You can buy PVC in sheets, 1/4,1/2, and 3/4 inch thick. No need for things like cutting boards. You can easily Fab it right the first time.

Also, I took mine apart today, and lowered it by 3 inches. the seat is at a more comfortable height.

Okay so the 1/2 or 3/4 inch thick if people need a stronger seat at 3/4 inch thick PVC sheet. But the Kneeling gardening pad is necessary due to how the seat is not molded/contoured to the human booty for a soft seat, especially to make it work. The parts including $120 USA MVP cart should all add up to the just over by a baseline disc price of the no seat cart from Dynamic Discs, the expensive part at $35 USA is the Backpack cart cover from Dynamic Disc to keep discs dry when in rain, might have to try to fit the cover to the cart a bit more if the rainfly is a bit big. I can't really think of anything right off the bat that works for the disc golf cart one could use modify or make to keep discs dry like that rainfly.

Last edited:
My finished product. 22$ total and no more need for a bag. Now to test my craftsmanship out in the real world.

Attachments

• IMG_20191231_201256.jpg
    IMG_20191231_201256.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_20191231_201305.jpg
    IMG_20191231_201305.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 51

Latest posts