• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Introducing SD, Salient Discs

all discs will be released to be the best in their respective slot (midrange, putter, etc.) compared to anything else on the market. That will be because of an array of variables: our proprietary polymer, advanced engineering and consistency measures.

so if i buy a great midrange from X company, but they mold them inconsistant and 10 other people get different results, why do I care?

so if i buy a great midrange from X company, but they mold them inconsistant and 10 other people get different results, why do I care?

Because when you lose your great midrange, you want to be able to replace it with a disc that performs exactly the same.

I must say that I am intrigued. I really get frustrated by the inconsitancy of discs these days, so I'm really excited to try your discs out. Any general idea of a release date?

I also want to point out that I think you should spell Prometheus the correct way, who cares if there is a movie with the same name, it's better than completely misspelling a known Greek god. Thats just my 2 cents.

As for future releases all discs will be released to be the best in their respective slot (midrange, putter, etc.) compared to anything else on the market. That will be because of an array of variables: our proprietary polymer, advanced engineering and consistency measures.

All that still sounds very expensive......

WHEN i lose my midrange? kind of assuming a lot here.

Ok, how about when it beats to a point it does fly the way you want it to anymore....

Haha I like the guesses so far, all very amusing.

Not to burst any bubbles but our first disc will not be anything like a destroyer, force, etc. That route has been played out and done far to often, it's also NOT in CE plastic lol haha.

We have a much better blend of resins IMO than CE ever was, and we also have the first polymer that reacts to pressure and hand perspiration. A couple of years and a little engineering go a long way :)

I hear what you're saying but that rim will automatically feel like a destroyer, force, etc. Even with it being a wider disc in general than other drivers it will be interesting to see what this does differently. Float longer, glide longer, with same speed?

I don't want to give away too much but it's very hard to describe a disc that you have nothing to compare to it. It's been remarkable to see the flight on our first run of test discs and now waiting for the second batch in a different array of weights.

Kilgus, you're hyping these discs to be the greatest ever made, in the greatest plastic ever produced.
That's all fine and good. You should be proud, and believe in your product. But, what about cost?

High quality isn't cheap. And if you sell it cheap, you won't stay in business very long.

All that still sounds very expensive......

Ok, how about when it beats to a point it does fly the way you want it to anymore....

Dont bother with him Loki. He is probably one of the biggest trolls on DGCR. It's best to just ignore him

Kilgus, you're hyping these discs to be the greatest ever made, in the greatest plastic ever produced.
That's all fine and good. You should be proud, and believe in your product. But, what about cost?

High quality isn't cheap. And if you sell it cheap, you won't stay in business very long.

I disagree with the above statement. I've never once said disc x in y plastic is the best ever produced. What I have said is that we have put together what I believe IMHO to be a great product that differentiates us.

kilgus, any idea when retailers might have a crack at some samples?

PM me if you'd like, the purchasing dept. here is eager to see anything new in the universe of disc golf :)

I try to be as transparent and open as I can be on here and it rarely seems that people take it as a GOOD thing. We are a business first and foremost so everything is in place and in line so no worries on the price we set or how we operate.

kilgus, any idea when retailers might have a crack at some samples?

PM me if you'd like, the purchasing dept. here is eager to see anything new in the universe of disc golf :)

Zam we will personally be making calls to retailers in June. We fully expect to sell out of our first run very quickly and before we make that happen. We want everything to be as perfect as possible. We think a phone call from our sales department will go a long way, however we will have an order form, contact info etc. once the site goes live.

As for future releases all discs will be released to be the best in their respective slot (midrange, putter, etc.) compared to anything else on the market.

I may have stretched your words a bit, and I apologize.

Either way, the point was the cost. If your disc is the greatest out there, people should probably expect to pay more for it.

Zam we will personally be making calls to retailers in June. We fully expect to sell out of our first run very quickly and before we make that happen. We want everything to be as perfect as possible. We think a phone call from our sales department will go a long way, however we will have an order form, contact info etc. once the site goes live.
Agreed, the call will be appreciated! I once spent an entire week calling dealers to tell them about a brand new unknown disc... the Orion LF. No matter how great a product is, it needs to be represented and people need to feel like they'd be working with a company who's got it together.

Best of luck!
(my wife woulda killed me if I forum'd on our honeymoon... so seriously, best of luck)

That post was in response to another post about future offerings. My response to that is why would we try to make discs that aren't aimed to be the best? We will TRY to engineer new disc designs or improve upon old ones which is what I have been trying to relate.

Prices are not set in stone but will most likely be no more than what we are all paying now for standard discs.

Thanks Kilgus. The fact that you're even reponding speaks highly of you. :thmbup:

Latest posts