• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Introducing SD, Salient Discs

This just keeps getting better and better haha failent discs

I know what you mean. A company that's new to injection molding has a stumble very early on, and a jackhole who hasn't done it himself trolls about it.

If only people could be realistic and wait longer than their first small run of discs to judge them.

I hear ya Teebird. But they hyped their consistency hard in the beginning. It's not good to count your chickens before they're...molded.

I hear ya Teebird. But they hyped their consistency hard in the beginning. It's not good to count your chickens before they're...molded.

Yes but the difference is they know WHY the discs came out like that. If there is a mistake they fix it and as long as everything is monitored as they promised, you will get consistency

If people are starting to get the discs now, where are all these testers they had and thier reviews?

If people are starting to get the discs now, where are all these testers they had and thier reviews?

The testers discs were thrown into the mix with everyone else. Not exactly testers at that point but that's what happened and the over stable blue discs tourney received were evidently suppose to be sent to the testers

Yes but the difference is they know WHY the discs came out like that. If there is a mistake they fix it and as long as everything is monitored as they promised, you will get consistency

BUT, part of knowing about those mistakes and keeping to the word of consistency is not releasing the inconsistencies out to the wild. That's how the bad pub gets out. If they want to hype consistency, they are probably going to need to do a sample throw of each lot they run in order to keep the freaks to a minimum. That would, likely, put them far ahead of other companies in that regard.

BUT, part of knowing about those mistakes and keeping to the word of consistency is not releasing the inconsistencies out to the wild. That's how the bad pub gets out. If they want to hype consistency, they are probably going to need to do a sample throw of each lot they run in order to keep the freaks to a minimum. That would, likely, put them far ahead of other companies in that regard.

I see what you are saying. Now if someone receives a blue Prometheus and an aqua Prometheus, please compare them. You will find a difference and this will be the last time you see the blue over stability in the Prometheus. That's for sure

Is the color aqua or blue? Chris informed me that they lost track of the cooling times in the very first run and they turned out to be overstable...I believe those discs were blue but the aqua ones may be not as overstable. I will see what else I can get out of Chris.

Really? So you're telling me a company that is all about consistency, has two different batches of the same disc, yet it is supposed to be molded consistently, which was a large reason for delay? I really want to like this company, but maybe they need to stick to bags.

I see what you are saying. Now if someone receives a blue Prometheus and an aqua Prometheus, please compare them. You will find a difference and this will be the last time you see the blue over stability in the Prometheus. That's for sure

So will they replace those discs that are that overstable for the discs that are meant to be the Prometheus?

So will they replace those discs that are that overstable for the discs that are meant to be the Prometheus?

I don't know. You would have to contact Salient about it. However, if the Prometheus was meant to be that overstable when the blue and aqua discs are compared and both colors fly the same then their claim of consistency remains valid.

Really? So you're telling me a company that is all about consistency, has two different batches of the same disc, yet it is supposed to be molded consistently, which was a large reason for delay? I really want to like this company, but maybe they need to stick to bags.

The reason for the delay was weight.

I don't know. You would have to contact Salient about it. However, if the Prometheus was meant to be that overstable when the blue and aqua discs are compared and both colors fly the same then their claim of consistency remains valid.

You're correct in terms that they are consistent, however you're over-generalizing. The blue ones are Prometheus, yet are consistently "x", while the aqua ones are also Prometheus, yet consistently "y". This shows that yes, they are consistent, for their respective discs, however, they are not consistent across what Salient has stamped "Prometheus" discs.

As for replacing them, have them get the "faulty" ones back, and exchange them for the REAL, initially designed and intended Prometheus.

Look, I understand this looks like I'm just completely bashing Salient because I want to. However, I was initially excited for this disc, and am still excited for the Catalyst. Additionally, I fully understand delays happen, however when the deadline just keeps getting pushed further and further out, while consistency remains a #1 priority (which it should), yet the end product comes out like this (inconsistent), you must see where I'm coming from.

You're correct in terms that they are consistent, however you're over-generalizing. The blue ones are Prometheus, yet are consistently "x", while the aqua ones are also Prometheus, yet consistently "y". This shows that yes, they are consistent, for their respective discs, however, they are not consistent across what Salient has stamped "Prometheus" discs.

As for replacing them, have them get the "faulty" ones back, and exchange them for the REAL, initially designed and intended Prometheus.

Look, I understand this looks like I'm just completely bashing Salient because I want to. However, I was initially excited for this disc, and am still excited for the Catalyst. Additionally, I fully understand delays happen, however when the deadline just keeps getting pushed further and further out, while consistency remains a #1 priority (which it should), yet the end product comes out like this (inconsistent), you must see where I'm coming from.

Of course I do, and now let me rephrase. If the blue prometheus fly like the aqua prometheus, then that is the way the prometheus will fly and the colors will have the same consistency. I don't think it was intended to fly like this but if it was then that is just the way the disc is. I am confirming this with Chris and seeing if I can figure out just what the heck happened if the aqua prometheus flies stable and not over stable like the blue prometheus. If there is anything I have seen while observing new companies come in, is that one little mistake can snowball really quick unless it is stopped. For the trolls out there just bashing salient just cause you can. Fine keep on trolling. You aren't doing anything for the forum or for yourself so just do what you want but you are being ignored.

Ok, first let me start by saying, this whole fiasco is my fault simply because I misunderstood the disc that Chris pictured. So let me first start off by saying, ignore my claims of the blue and aqua stability differences. We all have to remember, myself included that this disc is large diameter, large rimmed and large weighted. The disc is meant to fly stable meaning resistant to turn. The disc is flying overstable but not super overstable. As Tourney mentioned, the disc flies beautifully forehand with lots of glide, however your backhand has to be pretty strong to get the same result backhand because of the high weight, We all know with good form, it is easier to generate spin forehand and get the disc going. So to calm the storm hopefully. Tourney, all 15 of your prometheus will fly like that. Once the disc gets beat in, it will turn into a stable fly still resistant to turn but will go straighter longer at that point would be great for your backhand. As more Prometheus owners get their discs, chime in and we will see just how consistent these discs are from run to run as we monitor them, if anyone has any issues, contact me first, if I can't answer, then contact Salient. Thanks to everyone who has been supporting salient and been patient to wait for these discs.

Is this wrong?

1112828.png

Latest posts