• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Introducing SD, Salient Discs

The approval isn't on hold, it's going through the process

"Therefore we have decided to hold onto the first run discs and delay PDGA approval"

You are correct they are not on hold, just delayed.:doh:

"Therefore we have decided to hold onto the first run discs and delay PDGA approval"

You are correct they are not on hold, just delayed.:doh:

I dont see how they can delay approval when the approval forms were already sent in... Doesn't make sense to me

Hey Kilgus and dgfanatic.
Sorry, have been out of the loop for a while. Are there still pre orders for the catalyst available? How much would it cost to ship 2 to New Zealand? Cheers.

Hey Kilgus and dgfanatic.
Sorry, have been out of the loop for a while. Are there still pre orders for the catalyst available? How much would it cost to ship 2 to New Zealand? Cheers.

Hey bud good to hear from you! Yes pre orders are still available. You will need to contact Salient directly and get a quote from them on shipping to NZ

Any idea when these will ship yet?
Will people who ordered contenders get theres shipped at the same time as people who pre ordered?

Will people who ordered contenders get theres shipped at the same time as people who pre ordered?

No word on a shipping date yet. I will ask for another update from Chris Monday. Stay tuned

UPDATE: The Catalyst for those who are wondering, will have an external mini pocket. The Weight reduction testing on the prometheus is continuing today. Nothing further to report.

UPDATE: The Catalyst for those who are wondering, will have an external mini pocket. The Weight reduction testing on the prometheus is continuing today. Nothing further to report.

So basically it was too heavy, and they had to bring it down for approval?

So basically it was too heavy, and they had to bring it down for approval?

No, it will still be approved for up to 189g. But the entire first run was going to be 180g and above, so they are doing some work to try to bring the weight down at least to the mid 170s and open up the market a bit more before release.

Well that's good. Originally there was talk of the disc weighing 200g. Glad it got knocked down a bit to 189...even though that's still a really heavy driver. I like that they want the FR's reduced even below that.

Well that's good. Originally there was talk of the disc weighing 200g. Glad it got knocked down a bit to 189...even though that's still a really heavy driver. I like that they want the FR's reduced even below that.

nah it was never gonna be 200. One thing is clear though. Big arms are going to be able to bomb this thing in its max weight

Ok guys, so i am finally cleared to fill you in. First of all, Chris has asked me to become a representative of Salient Discs. From here on out i will be giving out updates fed directly to me from Salient. Next a Prometheus update:
Basically what's happening is that Prometheus is running fine however due to its large diameter the weights are higher then most discs. It will be approved up to 189g due to the diameter. We can get those weights in the 180s however we don't want to release til we are able to get a variety of different weights so we can hit a larger market.
The hot stamp press came in Friday and is working great

This is all i have for now fellas

Absent any other factors, I completely agree with hitting the market with a full range of weights. However, with pre-orders already paid for, I think delivering the product to those who pre-ordered trumps waiting for full range of weights.

Absent any other factors, I completely agree with hitting the market with a full range of weights. However, with pre-orders already paid for, I think delivering the product to those who pre-ordered trumps waiting for full range of weights.

I agree with you 100 percent, but I can't change anything about the way Chris is running things.

I just received an email from Salient this morning:

Dear Salient-Discs supporter,

As you are aware Salient-Discs has been arduously working on releasing our flagship disc designated as Prometheus, which is the first ever wide diameter, wide rim driver.

Due to the discs large diameter, the disc is made to be molded at 190g+, which in effect is equal to a 175g for a smaller diameter disc. However, at Salient we were not satisfied with such high weights for all our customers, therefore we decided to delay release until we could perfect our new technology. This would allow weights to be decreased significantly while keeping the stability of the disc the same between our lower and higher weight counterparts.

The technology we used will be named at a later date, but to our satisfaction we were able implement it into Prometheus, giving us a reduction in weight by up to 10 grams. Therefore we were able to mold discs in the low 180s/high 170s which would be equivalent to the 160-165g range in a smaller diameter disc.

Prometheus will be shipped the week of September 1st (after Labor Day) to all customers with our limited edition gold first run stamp.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve and grow. We depend on our fans for support and value your loyalty :)

Please be on the look out for our next releases with an under stable distance driver, traditional midranges and traditional fairway drivers.

So.. Blizzard Prometheus', eh? ;)

I just received an email from Salient this morning:

Dear Salient-Discs supporter,

As you are aware Salient-Discs has been arduously working on releasing our flagship disc designated as Prometheus, which is the first ever wide diameter, wide rim driver.

Due to the discs large diameter, the disc is made to be molded at 190g+, which in effect is equal to a 175g for a smaller diameter disc. However, at Salient we were not satisfied with such high weights for all our customers, therefore we decided to delay release until we could perfect our new technology. This would allow weights to be decreased significantly while keeping the stability of the disc the same between our lower and higher weight counterparts.

The technology we used will be named at a later date, but to our satisfaction we were able implement it into Prometheus, giving us a reduction in weight by up to 10 grams. Therefore we were able to mold discs in the low 180s/high 170s which would be equivalent to the 160-165g range in a smaller diameter disc.

Prometheus will be shipped the week of September 1st (after Labor Day) to all customers with our limited edition gold first run stamp.

Thank you for your patience as we continue to improve and grow. We depend on our fans for support and value your loyalty :)

Please be on the look out for our next releases with an under stable distance driver, traditional midranges and traditional fairway drivers.

So.. Blizzard Prometheus', eh? ;)

Pretty much, but just not in the super low weights, making this disc great for even pros with bigger arms. We shall all see in about a week or two!

Latest posts