• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[MVP] Ion vs Anode

^ Although I really enjoy the Electron Ion I'm not so sure i can agree with this.

My local shop had a few electron ions hanging around and when I picked them up they all had pretty significant puddle tops just from shipping and being in the bin.

Anybody who throws the E ion have theirs puddle topped and what changes do you see in its flight? I know a lot of people like puddle top putters but idk if anyone has an opinion on these.

The electron plastic just doesn't seem to puddle uniformly. Which probably isn't a big deal at all but I know how much my atom warped over time from just putting (yes I know it's baseline and I should expect as such). I think the potential of firm E ions is making me overthink it.

My vote is for the Anode. I know most like the Ion better but it wasn't consistent for me. I just never knew when or if it would fade on putts or drives. The Envy is a hands down better driving putter. Now the Anode holds any line beautifully. Always consistent and one of the best neutral putters in the wind.

My vote is for the Anode. I know most like the Ion better but it wasn't consistent for me. I just never knew when or if it would fade on putts or drives. The Envy is a hands down better driving putter. Now the Anode holds any line beautifully. Always consistent and one of the best neutral putters in the wind.

Why not both?

Anode - straight, straight, STRAIGHT

Ion - fade, wind.

...same with Proxy/Envy

AIM wants everyone to wait until their Ions are beat into Anodes. WTF for? Just get an Anode...

Both are great rounded core molds which i love the feel and is pretty unique to MVP.

A 150 anode is glide city.

Nope. It is a anode. 150s are nearly lid-ish.

BACK IN MY ANODE DAYS SONNY THEY DIDNY MAKE 150g #crazynewtechstuff