• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Ios 2007

Does anybody know who won the IOS (Illinois Open Series) this year. there were 6 events. just wanted to know. i cant find it anywhere

I guess you mean Men's Open? I have never bothered to figure out how they do the points for IOS. The points going into Fairfield had Cannon Boy Swanson in first, Shane Rose in second and Brett Comincioli in third. Brett won Fairfield, Shane was 4th and Neal tied for 7th, so any of those guys could have won. If the points are figured the way I think they are it would have been a tie between Neal Swanson & Shane Rose, and I have no idea if or how they would have a tie-breaker for an overall series title.

The final points have still not been posted. Since Bruce Brakel is the self-confirmed greatest disc golf event director in history and IOS is his baby, it's funny that the final results of his series have never been posted.

They posted the points today. Better late than never.

Neal Swanson won Men's Open by one point over Shane Rose.

Barrett White won Women's Open.

Dan Pastore won Masters.

Scott Klatt won Advanced. Monroy Gowens had a big lead but went Open at the end of the year.

Michael LaScola won Advanced Masters.

John Jordon won Advanced Grandmasters.

Ray Esquivel won Intermediate.

Jack Waryk won Recreational.

Mike Krupicka won the AM IV title. IOS was a year ahead of the PDGA in splitting Am's into four divisions.

Adrian Gutierrez Jr., Spencer Holms, Jack Eisman, Saul Esquivel & Maddisen Brakel won various Jr. age brackets.