• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is Daylight Savings time the un/official start to disc golf season?

Does DST mark the beginning of the disc golf season?

• Yes

Votes: 50 46.3%
  • No

Votes: 58 53.7%

• Total voters
Daylight Savings Time is the start of large groups of obnoxious d-bags plaguing my local courses,

but oh well, being able to get rounds in during the week is nice.

I played all winter, but having an extra hour of daylight is awesome! I love playing in warmer temperatures obviously, but I think its gonna take a few weeks before everything is really good. Thaw season is gross.

We saw one of those while at the course today! Can't wait for them to be at full force. :|

Oh yeah, the group of 7 triple bogey one disc wonders, who won't let a group of 2 play through. It's awesome.

Every season is disc golf season.

Its the beginning of waiting season around here.

I play year round, but with DST upon us now, I believe more of the fair weather discers will start to come out of the wood work now. I personally am excited that I can now play longer during the day, and get rounds in during the week.

Last edited:
I actually get to play a lot less during DST because I start back up at my second job. :( Working 9-3 at one then 3-8 at the other doesn't leave much time for anything but glow. I work weekends too.

daylight1918cc.jpg

I play year round, but with DST upon us now, I believe more of the fair weather discers will start to come out of the wood work now. I personally am excited that I can now play longer during the day, and get rounds in during the week.

100% this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I played yesterday afternoon around 6 & the course was packed, most people I'd never seen before. But DLS doesn't start my season, we had Sunday dubs all through the winter, but now I get to play through the week & not just weekends

Fortunately for us dg players in Georgia, we have been lucky enough to have a warm last few weeks in february, so the courses have been lovely. Now that DST has come our time on the course can almost go until 9 or so. It would be safe in saying that the official disc golf season has begun and it's a great way to stay in shape.

I play every day at lunch, so this doesn't change anything.

It DOES mean I'll have more light to practice putting in the backyard though.

Latest posts