• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is it normal for 2 people in your group of 3 to be blasting music from speakers?

I had a similar experience. One guy was watching the wizard of oz on his iphone while another was playing dark side of the moon on his little speaker. It was synchronicity but it really threw me off.

One person playing music is bad. If two people were doing it at the same time I'm not sure I could contain myself and would have to say something.

If yes and you are one of those people blasting music, would you get pissed if the third party, the one not creating a discordant nightmare, a guy you don't really know and haven't played with, turned to you from the tee and asked if one of you could turn off your speakers because they are going insane? Would you tell that person that you "do it all the time" and "Sure ___, we'll do everything that you wanna do!"

Is this disc golf?

Please discuss because I'm at a loss for words.

Did they at least keep their shirts on?

I would have told both guys to make up their mind and pick one. Did you think of asking them to turn one off?

Did ya think of readin'!? Of course I did. It turned into a whole scene.

"You didn't see us complaining when you were putting around before the round!"

That one was gold. There was more. Some of which was in the OP.

They be playa hatin'

:doh:

Last edited:
If yes and you are one of those people blasting music, would you get pissed if the third party, the one not creating a discordant nightmare, a guy you don't really know and haven't played with, turned to you from the tee and asked if one of you could turn off your speakers because they are going insane? Would you tell that person that you "do it all the time" and "Sure ___, we'll do everything that you wanna do!"

Is this disc golf?

Please discuss because I'm at a loss for words.

I had one older, ornery dude do that (40+ myself) on a course once and it was not cool. Thankfully, never seen him again.

Go blast music at home, no one on the park wants to hear it unless it's a live band.

I had one older, ornery dude do that (40+ myself) on a course once and it was not cool. Thankfully, never seen him again.

Go blast music at home, no one on the park wants to hear it unless it's a live band.

Yeah, again, I don't even mind someone playing a speaker if it's not loud and obnoxious. Never bothered me, I'm a chilled guy most of the time. But two, at the same time, right next to eachother, playing different aggressive tunes, that might be the most bat**** crazy thing I've ever seen on a disc golf course, or anywhere for that matter. I thought I'd seen it all. Nope.

Yeah, again, I don't even mind someone playing a speaker if it's not loud and obnoxious. Never bothered me, I'm a chilled guy most of the time. But two, at the same time, right next to eachother, playing different aggressive tunes, that might be the most bat**** crazy thing I've ever seen on a disc golf course, or anywhere for that matter. I thought I'd seen it all. Nope.

Oh ha ha, I guess from my no-music comment I had someone downvote my reviews (not blaming you) but that's why I guess forum names and review names could/should be separate.

Anyway, to double down, everytime I passed anyone in the park blaring music disc golf or not, it seems obnoxious unless absolutely no one is around. Most people are out for nature, not noise boxes.

It's like what George Carlin says in one of his old bit "you noticed that their stuff is **** and your **** is stuff?" Think it applies to music tastes too pretty well.

I had a similar experience. One guy was watching the wizard of oz on his iphone while another was playing dark side of the moon on his little speaker. It was synchronicity but it really threw me off.

The mythical "Darkside of the Rainbow". Niiiiiice!

It would be a plot twist if they were playing same music 8n sync with each other. This is where I say ear phones are better option as long as they don't interfere with interactions with the group.

It would be a REAL plot twist if they were playing NSYNC in sync with each other.