• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is it Worth it to mark up a Disc?

Just having a name sometimes helps, if the disc is found by someone who knows you. Discs are lost in a variety of ways, and of course this doesn't always apply. I've lost discs at tournaments, where it's likely the owner either knows me, or will ask someone else who knows me. On a local course in a smaller community, the odds are greater. I own a private course with a disc-eating pond, and half the discs that come out, I know the owners from their name.

Name-only also works where there is a lost-and-found system in place

I was responding to Snicks's post, which might have been implying that putting names & numbers in discs is a bit childish, and something we don't do for anything else. In fact, lots of people do, for lots of stuff, if you think about it.

All very valid points I must admit no doubt. I was big into the Tournament paintball scene and everything about that culture of players seemed to personalize everything they bought for the sport and tagged names on gear at every chance. I guess I carry over those same habits of enjoying seeing my nickname and info on my own gear,Disc golf as well. Yeah. , I'm THAT guy.

Probably returned/attempted to return ~20 discs or so. Lost at least 10 or so, never got a call back. :mad:

Must be b/c I ink them BrotherDave and people keep them as collectibles since I'm so internet famous. :|

Latest posts