• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is their etiquette on this?

baileyt1212

Eagle Member
Say you let a buddy try a disc and he gets an ace, should you give him the disc?

Sorry to all you book learning folk who are going to pick up on the spelling mistake.

Option to buy it at market value as long as said disc doesn't have previous ace from current owner.

I have always questioned that cause I let my friend throw my favorite xcal and he hit the top of the basket on a 475' hole. It is one of my favorite discs but I kept telling myself "well if he hit a 475 foot ace I feel obligated to let him keep it" haha. (Hole 19/baseball field hole at Windwood DGC if anyone is curious). I am glad he missed, crisis overted.

meme-maker-why-you-no-spell-properly.jpg

Say you let a buddy try a disc and he gets an ace, should you give him the disc?

Sorry to all you book learning folk who are going to pick up on the spelling mistake.

I've always said so. That is just me though and discs don't mean much to me.

He should be excited enough to buy it from you or replace it to your satisfaction. If not you take it back from him and say "yeah you should probably get one of these"

Depends on the disc. If its a junker, sure, why not. If its my favorite Buzzz, then no way!

(Just ignore the spelling nazis)

I think it would be a kind gesture to do for a "friend." If it's just some random dude that joined your card and wanted to try out your disc then I'd say no way cochise. Go buy your own. But then again I'm not sure how karma would be for that disc from that point onward. That would be one of those "mind blown" moments.

Do they not have their own discs?

If someone just wants to try one of my discs they can...in an open field.

I gave my buddy a buzz one day, he aced a hole in front of DGA pro Lane Mason with it while we played a round with him at Willammette Pass ski resort that same day. Then when my buddy checked his bag the next day the disc was gone.

We just laughed and laughed

Do they not have their own discs?

If someone just wants to try one of my discs they can...in an open field.

After finishing 2nd and 1st in the two Am divisions for a ten event series in back to back years (tons of script) , and because of my own sick compulsion to buy plastic I might not need but want, I ended up with a large hoarde of discs.

In turn I freely gave away, let people try, use, and extended borrow most of my discs. In particular, one unemployed friend who essentially taught me most of my technique, I problably gave 20-30 new discs to (see post above). Now of course I'm sure to keep my base supplies but Discs should be used and it gives me a lot of joy to see someone really get into a disc I gave them.

They have the option to purchase it for one million dollars. I already gotta give them five bucks, they ain't getting a disc for free.

They have the option to purchase it for one million dollars. I already gotta give them five bucks, they ain't getting a disc for free.

I think they should get the choice of $5 or the disc.

Seriously, I would probably give them the disc.

You're getting 5 bucks, let'em keep the trophy.

Latest posts