• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is their etiquette on this?

"F. All discs used in play, except mini marker discs, must be uniquely marked in ink or pigment-based marking which has no detectable thickness."

It doesn't have to be marked with your name or even a name at all.

Yup, it doesn't even have to be your own unique mark. You can buy/trade/borrow discs during a round all you want (with permission from the other player of course).

Nah.

I dont believe in that hoopla around ace discs. It's just a lucky hit, it will happen again. But my disc is my disc.

I once got an ace with someone else's disc when we were warming up before league. He said it took pretty much all the mojo out of the disc for a while, but he kept throwing it.

Speaking of made up rules, there is no pdga rule that says you can't throw other people's discs.

This is funny but not at all a surprise. I wonder how many other self appointed experts have never read the rule book. :p

Say you let a buddy try a disc and he gets an ace, should you give him the disc?

There is no moral imperative to give your friend the disc just because he throws it well. But do whatever makes you happy. Generosity is a virtue.

Sorry to all you book learning folk who are going to pick up on the spelling mistake.

If you know it's a mistake, why do you resist fixing it? Are you proud of your ignorance? :confused:

If it is a DX Teebird I'd give it to him if it were a barstamp Buzzz on the other hand he wouldn't have even had the option to throw it

If you know it's a mistake, why do you resist fixing it? Are you proud of your ignorance? :confused:

Lewis, you've been on this site long enough to know you can't change a thread title after posting haven't you? I don't care enough to get a mod to change it.

Last edited:
I don't let anyone borrow discs I care about. If they borrowed a disc from me, I wouldnt mind giving it to them for the Ace.

Does giving them the disc mean you dont owe them $5?

I don't let anyone borrow discs I care about. If they borrowed a disc from me, I wouldnt mind giving it to them for the Ace.

Does giving them the disc mean you dont owe them $5?

Give them the disc and you're off the hook for the $5.

I would give my friend the disc, $5 for the ace, and probably buy us both lunch to celebrate after the round.

Threads like this are interesting because of where everyone is at in their life. Most of the young men that are just barely scrapping by really value what little they have(the disc in question) and are reluctant to turn it loose. The older guys on the other hand, already have enough "stuff" and understand that a good friend is worth their weight in gold, and would gladly give their buddy the disc.

There is no right or wrong answer, it is just personal preference, but I do find it interesting to see how everyone thinks. Have a good day all.

^ I'm also finding this interesting. I wasn't going to suggest the age or economic circumstance but it is interesting how people value their plastic differently; for whatever reason they may have.

Threads like this are interesting because of where everyone is at in their life. Most of the young men that are just barely scrapping by really value what little they have(the disc in question) and are reluctant to turn it loose. The older guys on the other hand, already have enough "stuff" and understand that a good friend is worth their weight in gold, and would gladly give their buddy the disc.

I wouldnt give away my disc, even though I have multiple backups for all of them.

If I lend it to somebody, it means that I have it with me, which means that it is one of my playing discs.

Also, around here, we don make such a big whoopla aound ace discs. It's the thrower, not the disc.

I wouldnt give away my disc, even though I have multiple backups for all of them.

If I lend it to somebody, it means that I have it with me, which means that it is one of my playing discs.

Also, around here, we don make such a big whoopla aound ace discs. It's the thrower, not the disc.

If it's the thrower not the disc then the disc shouldn't matter to you that much. You can always just get another one like it. The reason I like to save ace discs isn't because of some kind of superstition. It's to commemorate the occasion. So I have something to hang on the wall and remind me of that shot. If I aced with another persons disc and they didn't want to let me have it or buy it I would probably just whip out one of my own for everyone to sign and hang that one up.

I think the "can't throw someone else's disc" misinterpretation comes from the fact that you get penalized if you throw someone else's disc or from their lie.

But, borrowing a disc is completely legit.

If it's the thrower not the disc then the disc shouldn't matter to you that much. You can always just get another one like it. The reason I like to save ace discs isn't because of some kind of superstition. It's to commemorate the occasion. So I have something to hang on the wall and remind me of that shot. If I aced with another persons disc and they didn't want to let me have it or buy it I would probably just whip out one of my own for everyone to sign and hang that one up.

Yeah, I can always just grab another one like it. So can the guy who just aced.

I still have a functioning memory, and a small amount of aces, so I dont need something to remind me of my aces.

But yeh, that's probably a cultur thing. We dont sign our ace discs around here. We dont hang them on the wall. We use them till they are too old, and then we throw them off a mountain or something. We do that with all our discs, ace or not.

Actualy, I do give away quite a few of my discs. I often give used discs to beginners since they are easier to handle. I gave my first ace disc ( esp buzzz ) to a beginner when it got too beat in for my use after two years of it being my main midrange. I am happy that it still flies around, and that another beginner got hooked to our great sport. I couldnt care less about the fact that I aced with that disc once. I do remember it, and I know for myself that I did make a ace with it, but that's all.

^ I'm much the same way on my ace discs. I have lost one, gave one away, threw one off a mountain, have one in the bag, and one sitting at home with the the other backups/discs I don't use any more. Generally the disc in my bags are in production and cheap enough that I wouldn't care if someone aces with one and wants it as a momento.

New poster here. I actually signed up so I could see pics in threads, not even as much to post, but this one I found interesting. Couldn't agree more that the responses show a distinct divide in age and life experience. I'm not poor, but I'm not rich either. Regardless, if I let someone borrow a disc, and they threw an ace the first throw, or even the whole round, I'd for sure ask them if they wanted it. It's a disc to me. It's worth $20, maybe. To them, its a accomplishment or a memory, and that's priceless. I'd let some join on scrub or a join on "pro" take the disc home. I think in most of these scenarios the recipient is gonna repay the gesture sooner or later anyway. To "sell" it to them, or whatever, is just cheesy. I guess if I was 16 and making $8/hr, I might see things differently, but I'm 34, and have had allot of life experience with allot of things, and I have learned that karma will buy you more and present you more opportunities than money ever can... Pay it forward for once. Peace all. Skipping out of work early to go get 4th day in a row in...

I never loan out discs if I would be upset that they didn't come back to me. If you hit an ace with something I'm willing to let you throw (i.e. anything other than my beat rocs and wizards), you can keep it.

Latest posts