• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is there a disc that totally changed your game?

dx panther. it was the first golf disc that i was given to keep. i'd played 3-4 times before that with borrowed discs, but once i had my first disc of my own it was "game on!"

my nebulas have changed my game i get about 300 with them and am deadly accurate. i was using rocs but i was just unpredictable got a neb and i keep my rocs but they hardly get thrown.

No disc has changed my game. Its not the disc, its the player.

I agree with that but I don't know the feel of Lat plastic in my hands is money. With Latitude 64 I was able to increase my game 10 fold in the short haft a year playing. I play with 6 people from work 2 people have played longer than me the other 4 about the same time I am the only one rocking most Lat 64 and I can honestly say I am on the level if not better than the 2 that have played longer than me, I am not saying im good (as far as this fourm goes or anyone outside our group) but to beat people who have been playing for years it's an moral victory and I want to be great at this game as I want to be great at my job/career as a chef. It's been imbeded im me since I was young, I don't think one disc can make an difference but can one company? I believe it can.

the firebird, I carry four firebirds in my bag at all times. I carry a 1st run red ce firebird for forehand/sidearm shots, a 2nd run ce F dayglo firebird for my thumbers, a late 3rd run taffy orange FX firebird for my long distance and hyzer shots from 300-360, and a green candy pro firebird for my stable 260-300 skip shots and hard dogleg lefts.

in my oppinion the discmania md1 changed mine made me relize so much that i dont always have to throw a driver for my first thorw. also makes me look at the hole alot different every stroke i take

The Archon. I don't have much of a forehand, so I need to be able to throw long swooping anhyzers at times to get around groups of trees, etc. The Archon does that for me and is incredibly easy to control for a high speed disc.

leopard. love the stars pros and champs. 320- 350 on the money most days.

the one that changed my game was a 150 champ once learned how to put that out to 300 on a straight anny or hyzer line my game has only been getting better. love my leopards.

Z-Comet....basically taught me how to throw the right way...super predictable, annys, hyzers, straight shots w/no fade...If I had to choose just one disc, it'd be my flat z-comet....

Blowfly/gumbputt for me. My confidence level on putts has gone way up, and I'm able to make some spectacular upshots and approaches with the use of these. I'm also able to make some incredible anhyzer shots because the disc will hold the line for such a long time.

Not the disc always the thrower. Well maybe, but every athlete has their preferences in equipment. Disc golf is no different.

For me it was and remains a 150g Champion Leopard. I got more distance than any other disc at the time. It can do just about any flight line. It was forgiving (and still is) of my technique flaws.

My Buzzz-SS improved my game ten-fold. I can thrown this disc as straight as an arrow. My confidence throwing tunnel shots as grown with this disc.

The Magnet is the second disc that has changed my game. I have never putted better. I was a diehard Dart lover before I picked up a Magnet. I have dropped 4 - 5 strokes on average since switching.

dx panther. it was the first golf disc that i was given to keep. i'd played 3-4 times before that with borrowed discs, but once i had my first disc of my own it was "game on!"

me too... before the panther i only had 2 overstable meathooks i couldn't throw at all...

cyclone was a big help when it came out too...

The 11x super flat FireBirds changed my game. It gave me the opportunity to develop a forehand, tomahawk, thumber, and forehand roller. It also help me as a headwind driver. Although I no longer carry them, switched to Flicks for distance and Talons for control and headwinds. Without learning how to lean on the FireBird, I would still only be able to throw backhand and poorly at that. Not saying it's a beginner friendly disc, just saying it changed my game.

Wizards. Whether medium, soft, super soft, or stupid super soft. Greatest putter on the planet.

No disc has changed my game. Its not the disc, its the player.

This about sums it up for me. I have made gains in my game, but I think it is more about me practicing and trying new techniques that has gotten me the results I am looking for.

11x glo Firebird. It made throwing thumbers off the tee much more doable. For a BH disc I'd have to say my meteor. the day I started using it I literally droped 5 strokes from my average on a wooded course. straight $:hfive:

KC Pro Aviar .. or BB Aviar in general. Putting has never been better and as far as im concerned thats the most important part of my game. Plus the fact that they are killer off the tee doesnt hurt anything either :p

Latest posts