• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is there any hope?

Autiger1291

Well I went ahead and added in a reach back and an x-step. Let's hear it. Here's my own very limited and humble attempt at a diagnosis. It seems almost as if I am throwing from my left obliques to my right pec, which I'm not sure how to fix. Also I start my reachback to early and I could probably get over my plant foot more. Not sure if any of that is right or how to fix it. I know a few guys here offer up a drill to practice with their advice. That helps me a ton as I am a visual learner.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caQ3Lqo1cHs

Thanks

yeah, you're throwing from low to high and the disc is coming out away from your body and early.

Try pulling the disc into your chest and into the crook or V of your bent arm (against your shoulder). Once it's there, unravel your arm and let the disc be the last thing to come out. Push off on that back foot so you have to stand on your pivot foot, that might help you get your weight forward as well.

how far are you going?

your reaching back for too long....x-step and then start pulling back and plant, and then start pulling threw with your elbow.

Try to keep your arm at shoulder level before you start the steps then try to be mellow in the reach back so that the elbow doesn't twist up or down at the farthest point of reach back. Then just try to throw with the arm at the shoulder level. For visual learning you can do this in fron of a large mirror at slow motion increasing speed until you're at full power.

I think you can use more power now. Just try first at the power level in that video to be totally unstrained and loose in the muscles while x stepping until you plant the last step. From there on the left leg needs to push very hard and shortly after that twist hard with the hips. You need more follow through to keep your body from harm. That means that you could be looser after disc leaves.