• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Latitude] Is this normal?

mance

Bogey Member
Is this normal? I bought 2x lat64 xXx and this is what i got... The one to the left is a Goldline with a slight dome to it... the right one is Opto-line and FLAT AS HELL!.. and the wing is totaly out of alignment as well. Is this something that people have been noticing is normal with the xXx Goldline versus Opto?

bild_zps0a82458d.jpg

probably happened when cooling, id imagine that guys gonna be pretty damn overstable

I have a GL XXX that looks like the one on the left

i wonder how old that is. Lat64 had some inconsistency issues at the beginning but have really fixed that up alot. I wouldn't be surprised if thats an old Opto and a newer GL.

That also happend to me with a few Strikers I bought. They fly nothing alike nor do they look like the same disc. Whats the weight? because it was the lighter Striker I had that looked like your Opto XXX. So I just figured weight played a roll in it. Since that was the only Striker (the lighter one) I had that did that.

GL is 173g and the opto is 172g... So i guess they are middle weights?

So just to see if someone knows... Lat64 just started issuing "first runs" on the new Mace. I dont know if they did that whit their previous discs. Could the Opto xXx be a first run then maybe?... Because I dont know what to expect out of that disc when I test it tomorrow... its night time here in Sweden atm... but im really itching for trying it out! :)

The flat Opto xXx is the good one of the two...

but yes the two plastics cool at different rates and thus change the PLH (parting line height). The higher PLH for the Opto makes that disc more overstable. The GL you have may be more workable. All of my Opto xXx's are board flat like yours and are insanely overstable. But that's why I have them. Now I want to try a GL just to see.

Keltik: thanks man.. Read alot of your posts. Gives me confidence in my Opto then.. I bought them for headwinds and forehands... So i think the two i got gonna fit the bill from stable to OS :)

Im from sweden.. The lamp in the background is just some of my girlfriends interior design attempts :)

That also happend to me with a few Strikers I bought. They fly nothing alike nor do they look like the same disc. Whats the weight? because it was the lighter Striker I had that looked like your Opto XXX. So I just figured weight played a roll in it. Since that was the only Striker (the lighter one) I had that did that.

That's always been a huge issue with Strikers in general. Each one is different.

That's always been a huge issue with Strikers in general. Each one is different.

My experience with Strikers is that discs of the same color are very similar. Both dark blues I've had have been flat-topped like a Flash, the light blue was very, very domey (and mad overstable), and the two purples I currently have slight domes and are the same disc. Weights were 175, 176, 166, and 177s respectively.

And their inconsistencies have always been additional overstability in my experience.

I bet the opto is going to be borderline unusable. I have a freak xcal with a super high PLH like that opto and its the most overstable thing Ive ever thrown.

Yeah, this isn't that uncommon with Lat. The plastics apparently cool fairly differently b/w Gold Line and Opto. Pains are like this as well sometimes.

Latest posts