• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is your course getting unusually crowded

Pay to play does work. In metropolitan areas it will always be an issue due to the lack of land available. In Madison, WI Vallarta Token Creek is a pay to play that doesn't seem to have the same overcrowding issues as the other two city courses. You'd be lucky to have to wait less than fifteen minutes per hole on any weekend afternoon at the city courses. Standing Rocks park is a pay to play near Stevens Point that is never crowded. If I head to YULGA to play in the afternoons, I end up waiting more than playing.

I'm not arguing the fact that those two courses are less crowded than others nearby, but it might also have something to do with their being off the beaten path. It's a bit of a drive to get to them, especially Standing Rocks. So I'm not sure their "undercrowdedness" is totally due to their being pay to play. Did I just make up a word?:)

Standing Rocks also somewhat hard to navigate; for a pay to play. The pay to play definitely cuts down on the numbers at Token. But, one of the main reasons that works, is that there are parks personnel who will challenge you as to whether or not you have payed. $150 fine, I think, if you are caught. (In my personal opinion, Token is rather boring too. I loved it, when it first went in, but it became kind of "old school", rather quickly.) I would much rather play Hiestand; but the crowds there and at Elver are brutal.

I share your frustrations Opti. So many people have so little awareness or eitiquitte that it is not difficult to understand why some feel that our society, as a whole, is going down the toilet.

Pay to play may help...but I think really paying to play is the best solution. Like annual fees of $250+. Disc golf country club anyone?

I played 54 holes at my home course today between 3 and 6 and we were the only people on the course.

It's summer. There's lots of TDDs out this time of year. It gets worse every year. But that's the price of success in growing the sport. I too go out early to avoid the heat and the douches. (In fact, tomorrow I'll be out about sunrise.) I also long for a good pay to play course in/near St. Louis.

???

just come to sioux passage! (unless that's too far of a drive)

???

just come to sioux passage! (unless that's too far of a drive)

Yeah it is a bit of a drive. I usually play JB. I've made it to Sioux once and that was in the middle of the day. It looks like a great course. Some day I'll actually play the whole thing.

Latest posts