• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Is your course getting unusually crowded

We typically get our rounds started no later than 10:00 am. Being that it's Z-Boaz in Fort Worth, there still might be somewhat of a crowd, but at that time, at least the crowd consists of Disc Golfers out there for just that reason....DISC GOLF.

Any later than that, you're bumping in to idiots with more beer in there bags than discs...not to say I don't thoroughly enjoy beer, but that's kind of rediculous.

They really trash up the course. Even Z-Boaz being an extremely well designed course and one of the funnest and more challenging in the area, it's the course, without a doubt, that gets the most trashed around here.

Sad.

Doesn't anyone give a sh!t about the rules?!?!
walter.jpg

How about instead of trying to avoid the new players, you get some better players who have some patience to come out and teach the new players some etiquette. Hold a clinic. Hold an Ace Race - large groups are okay and they only get to throw one disc per hole, form a league and get the newer players to join it, and teach them through experience.

Don't fight change, embrace it.

I live in a small city with 1 course. Everyone plays the front 9 over and over. So sometimes it gets bad on the front 9 but once we get to 10 it's all clear.

All ready doing that. Have a bunch of guys from Ultimate Frisbee getting in to it.

Tuesday games have turned in to about 15 people playing for bag tags that were made for our group. So I totally know what you're talking about SmoothSailor.

A couple of them COMPLETELY suck, but are improving tremendously. They're learning the sport and the etiquette that comes with with playing in large groupe....well, etiquette period, large or small group.

Last edited:
white birch, the local pitch-and-putt, is having this problem too. more and more of the players that show up are just there to do something while they drink and smoke.

thankfully, equidistant to my house is sioux passage park, maybe st. louis' best.

considering it's much longer, tougher, and hillier than white birch (plus there's no place in the immediate vicinity to buy booze/rolling papers), it is always a much quieter and more pleasant game there EVERY time.

added bonus: because the course is so much more difficult compared to birch, all the little peckers that would steal your discs/trash up the place either don't show up at all or give up after the front 9.

I think that the whole littering problem would be solved if courses put in trash cans at every hole. People only litter because they're too lazy to carry around their trash until they find a trashcan. And if they know that one's going to be coming up soon, they won't litter.

But, if courses near me became pay to play, I would want to get my money's worth. Trashcans at every tee, concrete teeboxes, nice baskets, well maintained everything. And I would want the option to just buy a season pass. Otherwise I would stick to the closer and cheaper courses just to get out and play.

Pay to play SHOULD be the future of the sport, with a good amount of free courses as well. Look at any other nationally recognized sport (not even going to list examples), but the premium fields/courts/whatever are always pay-to-play or rented, while the freebies, are well, freebies.

Hell, open a course with tee-times. That would really confuse the DG community!

The free courses around me have definitely been getting more traffic lately. but on the other hand, I've been finding lots of unmarked Bosses/Nukes/Katanas/Beasts/Valks and other plastic laying in and around the fairways, so it's a double-edged sword.

my home course as been unusually UNcrowded, and after reading this i am grateful

The free courses around me have definitely been getting more traffic lately. but on the other hand, I've been finding lots of unmarked Bosses/Nukes/Katanas/Beasts/Valks and other plastic laying in and around the fairways, so it's a double-edged sword.

AMEN TO THAT!!! I don't think anyone I know finds more unmarked plastic than myself. I've had to have found about 20-25 so far this year. Lots of star plastic this year.

I think that the whole littering problem would be solved if courses put in trash cans at every hole. People only litter because they're too lazy to carry around their trash until they find a trashcan. And if they know that one's going to be coming up soon, they won't litter.

This idea is awesome, but sadly, it only works in theory.

I have been on courses with trash cans at every tee and yet there is garbage everywhere. Apparently DB's need to toss the beer can/bottle when its empty, not at the trash can at the next tee. It seems there are at least 50 cigarette butts within five feet the fracken trash cans! Then there are the total ashwipes that pull all the bottles from the trash cans and bust them on the concrete tees!:mad:

Still glad my home course is heavily wooded and hard so not many people come to it.

you think your home town course is getting crowded? i live by Lemon Lake, where the worlds is coming to shortly, talk about crowded. theres tons of people, pros mainly, getting ready for the tourney

You've asked for it, now you've got it and you don't want it.

I like discin' to be under the radar. But all good things must come to an end I guess. Fortunately in my area new courses are the answer to increased demand. In the Buffalo area in the last 3 years to new quality 18 holeers have been built. And a 3rd is scheduled to open this fall. And when you include the Rochester area there is no shortage of courses to play.

Pay to play is always an option to reduce crowds.

Early AM is one of the best times to play if you are serious about your game. Its been that way with ball golf forever. Get to your course at 6:30-7am and have the place to yourself. You can get 2 rounds in before the yahoos start to show up.

And lets not forget we were all noobs at one time.

Latest posts