• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to clarify, asking to return to the old way to update reviews "without losing helpful votes" on the original review. Sometimes updating a review may only be a few sentences.

I wrote all my reviews on DGCR. The review page used to time out after a certain amount of time. So I'd write for 15 minutes or so, submit, then just go back and add to it until I felt I covered everything. Probably "updating" anywhere from 4 to 8 times a review. If the new review page doesn't time out it's not that big of a deal for me. I should still be able to add something the next day, week or year though too.

you can see them now
...actually, on my review page it shows the likes that I have given out. It used to display the ones received, so folks could monitor how close they were getting to bronze, silver, gold, or diamond trusted reviewer status.

The new format seems much more forum oriented, but doesn't seem to be very user friendly for finding courses via the map.

Not particularly easy to find courses played or reviews.

While many of us spend a lot of time on the forum, our primary use of the site is for finding courses to plan road trips, reading reviews, and keeping track of our courses played.

Making that functionality more difficult to use could alienate a good chunk of the current user base.

Just one person's opinion.
Yes, yes, and yes.

I think this makes more sense but we can restore the old behaviour if users prefer it
Oh, no, no, no, no, no. If a course is changed and a review needs to be updated (e.g. when Gardner got tee signs) we need to be able to update our review without fear of losing our upvotes.

So, is there a way I can view the date I played a course in my Courses Played list? That's kind of the entire point of that for some of us lol.

I have a horrible memory and it helps to be able to visibly see when I played a course. It would also be cool to be able to edit when we played a course but I'm not sure if there was a reason you couldn't do that before so idk.

I like the new format btw. Will definitely get some taking use to but it'll probably grow on the ones who hate it now.

Also, not sure who is in charge of troubleshooting the DGCR app but it crashes when you try to view courses by list and none of the courses show up on the map either.

After a little time disoriented by the changes, I am enjoying the Matrix-esque color theme in my Dark mode and find some of the layout more intuitive from a modern design standard. I'll miss the "nice" button more than I realized, but on the other hand I'm enjoying not fussing with as much code to post or needing to proofread drafts to see if it executes correctly. I even might be able to just drag-n-drop this image, let's see:

index.jpg

Edit: it worked!
a7efcf5f7194a7f1ffaffc6b5e7b8f23.jpg

Potential Bug:
So far, across Chrome, Firefox, and Edge, I have been unable to see the linked Hole of the Day images in that subforum. They are shown as broken links in recent or older posts.

Three main gripes- 2 are opinions, 1 is an issue, to wit:

1) I don't like random courses being the first thing you see. It should be newest reviews, it's in our name for crying out loud. The first thing I do when I log on to this site is look at new reviews so I can laugh, cry, and distribute thumbs.

2) I sincerely miss seeing the thumbs up/down received on my profile. Idgaf about my own voting record compared to that. Sure it's an interesting statistic I guess but is a NOT CLOSE second to seeing the thumbs my esteemed colleagues have given me. Is it because we're not focusing on trusted reviewer status anymore?

3) I mentioned this yesterday but received no answer- where do I go to renew my premium membership?

Still when you click "browse map" it doesn't show hardly any courses.

Three main gripes- 2 are opinions, 1 is an issue, to wit:

1) I don't like random courses being the first thing you see. It should be newest reviews, it's in our name for crying out loud. The first thing I do when I log on to this site is look at new reviews so I can laugh, cry, and distribute thumbs.
we are working on a new homepage that will be live in a couple of days
2) I sincerely miss seeing the thumbs up/down received on my profile. Idgaf about my own voting record compared to that. Sure it's an interesting statistic I guess but is a NOT CLOSE second to seeing the thumbs my esteemed colleagues have given me. Is it because we're not focusing on trusted reviewer status anymore?
this change is ready and will be live later today
3) I mentioned this yesterday but received no answer- where do I go to renew my premium membership?
I think this will be enabled soon, probably today

And, Dev, for all the criticisms being leveled at the new site, let me say that the new forums are a million times better than in the past. 5/5 for the Forums.
Yeah the forums are great but the problem is the review side is terrible. I assumed all of the issues in the beta would be fixed before launch but this is basically the beta. I'm trying to stay positive about this but at the moment I'm pretty disappointed at how finding and reviewing courses is so much more difficult. I know Greens is working hard on this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts