• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Issues Report Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it my imagination or is 1 the lowest rating you can give now? It seems all of my 0 and 0.5 course were jumped up to 1. If so this throws my rating system quite a bit and I'll have to update MANY courses.

Haven't seen this addressed, please restore 0.0 and 0.5 ratings for previous and future reviews. This allows us to use the full scale of reviews (What really amounts to a zero-to-ten scale) and as sillybizz said, those of us with a lot of reviews would be forced to do a load of edits with our ratings scale dropped from 11 options to 9.

I think someone else may have mentioned this but, when you go to a course page and click on media, the holes seem to come up in a random order.

Is there a way to rearrange the pictures in a logical order, so you you can "walk through" the course?

By the way, your efforts and civility are appreciated!

I like the new front page layout, but as I look over the reviews, I can't tell who wrote the review and what rating they gave the course (unless I then look at the side bar on the far right).

Also, when I click on it, it takes me to the main info page, not the reviews ...

Maybe I'm spoiled by what I'm use to. Anyone else miss that?

Updated my profile location, now when I search for nearby courses it is still using my old location to provide results.

That is about 1000 miles away...

Keeps prompting for my location as I browse the forum. Used to only do that on the landing page for course search

Has the formula been changed on a round rating for courses? A course (Lincoln Park DGC) I played in April (and also October 2022) at a -7 (39) was rated at an 894. The round I played last week (which I just entered the details today) was also scored as a -7 (39) but it was rated as an 840. The course hasn't changed. Same tees and basket locations and same overall distance.

I also have the same issue mentioned previously by several others about ratings from incomplete rounds pulling down my player rating by more than 100 points.

Posting this here as well as I don't know which threads the Mods will read for feedback.

I mostly use a desktop to view and I'm not crazy about the updated. I'm also not crazy about the logo, looks like a refresh button. I liked the use of the pencil basket in the old logo. Current home page isn't a home page, it's a browse courses page. The browse map doesn't seem to have the radius option so not sure what radius is being used. I would love to just see all courses all the time and just zoom in and out and not have to reclick as I move the map to load the courses again. The top bagger section and sort members by courses played seems to be gone. These were two features I used a lot. The main reason I use this site is for the directory of courses and the ability to track those courses and see silly stats/milestones based on what I've played. Reviews are helpful and set this site apart from Udisc. I do wish being able to give a rating without a review was a thing but understand keeping it linked to the review. Another major thing I use this site for is trip planning and having a printer friendly option of a course's course info page is really important to me. current Browser Print preview was 3 pages and not well laid out, a single page condensed page with all the needed info would be great. I print these and maps in case the courses are in areas with no service which they often are. The forums seemed improved but wasn't something I used enough that I was bothered with the old or will be bothered by the new. If the forum was the big reason for the update I'm not sure why we couldn't have kept the website side of things more true to the old layout and features.

I also use the app and the scorebook a lot and hope this doesn't change much. I prefer the scorecard function of the app to the UDisc app.

Last edited:
Sorry in advance if this has already been mentioned. I read most of the thread.

Looks like we can update reviews for old layouts now. Does that open up adding/updating reviews of extinct courses too?
In my case, I'd like to update the ratings on at least one old layout that I wouldn't rate so highly if I played it today. The review I have in mind was from 2009 when I'd played only Chicago area courses and Lemon Lake. I had no perspective on what a dg course could be.

I know timg didn't want people adding or updating reviews for extinct courses, but I always mostly disagreed. I don't think it makes sense reviewing a course you played once 20 years ago, but I can see some valid reasons to update an old review (and especially an old rating).

What does everybody think?

So everyone is cool with the change that allows updating reviews on old layouts?

Is it just me or did the extinct courses not get migrated over? I wanted to see if I could add a new review of an extinct course (related to the above post), but couldn't find the 2 I tried in the course database. Also don't see a filter option to include extinct courses.

I don't think I'm alone in wanting that history.

Is it just me or did the extinct courses not get migrated over? I wanted to see if I could add a new review of an extinct course (related to the above post), but couldn't find the 2 I tried in the course database. Also don't see a filter option to include extinct courses.

I don't think I'm alone in wanting that history.
My courses played list is including all the "Extincts" I've marked played but I haven't tried to find them via the browse feature nor review any of them.

should the course info page say "Basket Type" instead of "Hole type"? if "Basket Type" is too long for the main page course blurb layout maybe just "Basket:"

the old site had my timezone(pacific) for forum timestamps; now they are all eastern(i think).
thanks, sillybizz

Last edited:
the old site had my timezone(pacific) for forum timestamps; now they are all eastern(i think).
Click on your profile on the top right, then hit "preferences" and you should see a drop down to change your time zone.

If you go to a member page, hit "Courses", and then hit "Map" you get this error message:

Oops! Something went wrong.
This page didn't load Google Maps correctly. See the JavaScript console for technical details

Status
Not open for further replies.