• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

It is a great day!

Gabby608

Hello all. I just had a great day of discin'. Drove over to Duncan, OK and played a round at the Simmons Center course with Mr. Marty Dayhoff, who I met in Lawton last week. We didn't keep score, and it was a good thing because it would not have been a good lookin' card for me. After we finished up, I drove back to Lawton and played two rounds at the Cameron University course. I played the first round at 3 over, which is my average at this course. Then Brock, Sean, and I played a round of night golf, which I have never done before. This Cameron course is short, but I don't mind because I don't throw very far at all. My best round is -6, and my second best was -4, but I played -5 in my first round of night golf. I had a great day and I hope that some of you did as well. Travis Gabbard.:clap::hfive:

I threw two mediocre rounds in fair conditions this weekend, carding a 56 (-5) at Edmunds Park DGC on Saturday in the late afternoon sun with a couple of friends who are relatively new players but already addicted, and a 52 (-3) in the mist on my "home course" of Ballou Park DGC - Course #2 on Sunday morning with an old friend trying to get his game back.

I need to work on my putting. And congrats on your fine day!

Last edited:
Didn't know Cameron had a course. I used to play the course off 44 and cache a lot when I'd work down there. The one you played in Duncan is kinda meh. Duncan lake is a great course

Hey Slappy, Cameron University just installed their course in August of this year. It is short, with only one hole over 300' but I max drive about 275' anyway, so a short course doesn't bother me. The course is more, but not extremely, technical that Elmer Thomas, and it has really helped me with shot placement and picking different lines. Simmons Center in Duncan is not that good but the gentleman I played with was on a bit of a time crunch because of family plans, and this is why we didn't go to Duncan Lake.
Ken, I know what you mean about putting practice. I started the Mark Ellis system about two weeks ago, and I have already dropped my average at my home course by about 5 strokes. Regular practice has really helped me alot, not only with more putts made from farther out, but also with much more accurate upshots. My roomate got me started playing this wonderful game, and I am not sure whether I should hug his neck for introducing me to this wonderful sport, or kick his a** for causing this new addiction!

Latest posts