• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

I've got flutter with my putter

I just attended one of Jay Readings putting clinics and he tells you that his putts often wobble. He also putts with his index finger on the bead.

Jay's style is a push putt... with just enough snap to get the disc to the basket.

He'll tells you that there are lots of ways to putt and that his style may not be for everyone. but he is a 3x world putting champion :)

I like all the discraft videos on youtube... they show many different styles and have lots of good tips.

I am actually doing that now (day 8 of 30). 2 fifteen minute sessions back to back a day. I just decided in those times to take my putts from 15 feet and 20 feet respectively. The video says you should take them from where you will make all of them which would be 10 feet for me which I just can't do.

That's really interesting about Jay. I have tried the last two days to rid myself of the flutter and though I can't completely I have decreased its overall occurance, but funny thing is I think I am still hitting the same percentage of shots w/o flutter. So maybe its not all bad, but I still stink when I get further then 20 feet out. Hoping this 30 day thing will help.

Latest posts