• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

jaboc83's Bag

jaboc83

Par Member
Just for my personal amusement down the road. Gonna record my bag changes in here for the 2011 season :)

Stats and Previous Goals
Current estimated PDGA rating: ~890
Current Max Consistent Distance: 375'
Previous Goals: N/A

Current Bag (Items with Purple Background)
gSPci.png

Goals
* Decrease average number of putts per 18 holes from 27 to 22
* Increase putting comfort zone from 15' to 25'
* Increase estimated PDGA rating from 890 to 920
* Compete in my first tournament

First round with my new bag out in the snow and I shot roughly an 898 rated round! Thinking I might need something to better handle the longer anhyzers as the sidewinders just aren't that consistent for me.

Loop said:
How about the TD?

I might just have to try one of those. I love the PD so it might be fun to try another Discmania. Looking at Joe's Flight Chart and the one on Marshall street it seems pretty unstable though... I throw a semi-beat Pro D Avenger SS which has similar ratings, but that thing turns over so hard it's nearly useless to me. Maybe if I get a rush in the S-line it will be a bit more stable. Thanks for the tip Loop. :) I shouldn't say all of the sidewinders are inconsistent. My Star sidewinder is great, it's mostly just the DX and the champ. I still want to try the rush though.

Previous Goals
* Decrease average number of putts per 18 holes from 27 to 22 CHECK(Thanks to Mark Ellis Putting Clinic Video)
* Increase putting comfort zone from 15' to 25' CHECK (See note above)
* Increase estimated PDGA rating from 890 to 920 CHECK (Avg is around 935)
* Compete in my first tournament (Still need to look into this.)

Current Bag

Putt /Approach:
* 170g Pro D Challenger 2x

Midrange:
* 175g ESP Meteor
* 170g Elite Z Comet 2x
* 175g Elite Z Buzzz 2x
* 175g Elite Z Hornet

Fairway:
* 170g Elite Z XL
* 170g Elite Z Stalker 2x
* 170g Elite Z Predator

Driver:
* 170g Elite Z Avenger SS
* 169g ESP Surge
* 174g Elite Z Avenger

Updated Goals
* Within 10 meters make the putt every time. (Making the putt means it flies with the pace, line I started it on with clean release, not necessarily ending in the basket. See "Zen Golf" for details.)
* Get control of my sweeping anhyzers and turnovers. (I just don't feel confident with them. Especially over 300'.)
* Compete in my first tournament / league (I'm adding league because that seems like a good alternative with a bit less pressure.)
* Hit 420' consistantly. (Currently closer to 400'. With the occasional bomb around 420-430'.)

yeah, I created a spreadsheet at the beginning of the season to try to track how all my discs fly in calm conditions for me so I could get rid of some overlap. I'm a bit of a disc junkie and so I had all these discs that I don't bring out to throw very often, and I wanted a way to remember how they flew for me. It's far from perfect, especially since my form hasn't really stayed the same for more than a month, but it's a nice reference.

Updated Chart:

vAu1g.png

BlTt0.png

After a very successful memorial day weekend disc marathon I've made some changes to the bag. Simplified it to only the discs I used more than once over 200+ holes.

Current Bag

Putt /Approach:
* 170g Pro D Challenger 2x

Midrange:
* 175g ESP Meteor 2x
* 170g Elite Z Comet 2x
* 175g Elite Z Buzzz 2x

Driver:
* 175g Champ Leopard
* 175g Star Leopard
* 175g DX Teebird x3
* 166 Star Teebird
* 168 KC 12x Champ Teebird
* 170g Elite Z Predator 2x

Slight modification to last year's bag. Mostly added more backups, added PDs, and dropped leopards. No need for the leopards any more really as I've been working on my forehands to handle the right fading shots. Also if I need something a little understable for a hyzerflip or something I have been successfully using my DX Teebirds and P-line PDs.

Putters:
* Discraft Challenger Pro D 170g
* Discraft Challenger Pro D 170g

Midrange:
* Discraft Comet Elite-Z 170g
* Discraft Comet Elite-Z 170g
* Discraft Comet Elite-Z 175g
* Discraft Buzzz Elite-Z 175g

Driver:
* Innova Teebird KC 11x / 12x Champion 166g