• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jacquard iDye Poly -- Rit Replacement

The black is pretty amazing and it will replace my RIT black for now. Pearl gray and red are RIT.

apesDSC_9277.jpg

Very nice Dan, the disc looks awesome, glad someone else finally got their hands on it.

I've got the full lineup of colors now and am currently working on a disc to use them all on. I recently finished up another disc, but it was orange goldline, so I didn't get much on it other than browns, reds, and purples. Although I did a lot of it with painting on a shaving cream dye mix and it takes pretty well, I had full color set in about 20 minutes. I'll post it up as soon as I get a picture. But I think it's going to work great for marbling.

I just bought a bunch on the 'net, can't wait to test some plastic, hope these colors will be more controllable.

I just ordered batch after I tried dip dyeing for the first time last night (using Rit).
(Finally bought a hotplate so I could dye away from the kitchen floor and over something less catastrophy inducing.)
Rit is hard to get hold of here in Denmark, and with the formula change ordering it over the net is a gamble.
I am not painting on again if I can help it after trying dip dyeing. Thats how black should look. And if this is better...
Will certainly post my results too.

softexpressions.com is having 10% off sale on iDye Poly, all 8 colors shipped cost me 30 bucks. Been getting lucky at finding old RIT at the Jo-Ann Fabrics in town, but I know it will run out sooner or later.

GL%252520Vision%252520-%252520Eye.jpg

First experiment with painting, used a shaving cream base and added color to it, mixed, painted on. This stuff took pretty quick, about 20 minutes, or until the shaving cream was on there. The red on the tip is the red after 1 pass, it's the quality of a dipped color, I was shocked. The rest of it was several passes of reds, browns, yellows and oranges mixed in varying degrees, just kinda whatever I felt like until I got colors I liked. I was also messing around with a heating method for painting which probably helped the dyes set so quick, but I'll give more details on that after I get it a little more dialed in.

As for the colors, I've used all of them so far, the only one I haven't had success with is the Green. I've only been able to get grays and very dark colors, not a true green like RIT's kelly green. I've also noticed that they dyes need to be diluted quite a bit more to control colors. I initially used 4cups of water to the packed of dye, but it's just too concentrated for the darker colors, blue, purple, and brown. I'm going to try diluting the green a bit and see if I can get it to work, otherwise I'll go with mixing blue and yellow and see if I can get a good green that way. Overall, I'm still very impressed with this dye, the quality is top notch and the colors very vibrant.

Yep, just used an eye dropper to add it to the shaving cream, maybe a little extra water to thin it out, just played with it until I got a color and consistency I liked.

Burntnueron your timing is excellent 'cuz I got some painting to do for a contest disk...

Gotta say once more, this black is amazing! A 5 minute dip started this disc :eek:.

YoyodasDSC_9337.jpg

I failed miserably with the black today. After 10 minutes, I had a very splotchy green. I must not have had the dye completely dissolved or something. I am pre-dissolving the rest of the colors now in jars and then will heat when I am ready to use. Hopefully I will have a better result next time.

Tell you what I have experienced, the stuff is sticky, get's on everything but especially your fingers when rinsing. The first disc I did had more fingerprint smudges on the bottom than any disc I've ever done. I do take extra time rinsing but should probably include a disclaimer with any disc done, careful it may rub off onto other discs in your bag.

Solomon, the dye is a powder and there is an "activator" or enhancer that's a thick liquid that comes with it. I mixed it right in but I think burntneuron said he was leaving it out til he knew what it was.

I was tempted to try this dye out but I just found a LARGE cache or usable rit powder by my house. I was unsure about using this dye for the fear of it transferring to other discs in my bag. When you get such a deep solid black with only 5 mins in the dip I thought there may have been a catch. Thanks for the input Dan, always a great help!

Last edited:
I won't say it does transfer after it's been well rinsed, it needs to be tested. I'll put the Yoda in my bag for the two rounds I'm hoping to play tomorrow and report back.

i cant find it here in lansing michigan anywhere where would i be able to get this stuff at some of the dyes ive seen done with this stuff are amazing especially that ultra man...gave me goose bumps