• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jacquard iDye Poly -- Rit Replacement

Okay guys, getting ready to put in an order of Idye poly. I am a beginner and was wondering if there any of the 16 colors that I should stay away from? ^Like the kelly green above?
447 Yellow 451 Blue 455 Golden Yellow 459 Turquoise
448 Orange 452 Green 456 Pink 460 Kelly Green
449 Red 453 Brown 457 Crimson 461 Gun Metal
450 Violet 454 Black 458 Lilac 462 Silver Grey

Lastly, does anyone have a tip on where to order from? I don't think Jo ann's had all of the colors so I was going to order directly from Jacquards. I didn't know if some online place had a better deal.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate everyone's patience with all the questions I have been asking.

Okay guys, getting ready to put in an order of Idye poly. I am a beginner and was wondering if there any of the 16 colors that I should stay away from? ^Like the kelly green above?
447 Yellow 451 Blue 455 Golden Yellow 459 Turquoise
448 Orange 452 Green 456 Pink 460 Kelly Green
449 Red 453 Brown 457 Crimson 461 Gun Metal
450 Violet 454 Black 458 Lilac 462 Silver Grey

Lastly, does anyone have a tip on where to order from? I don't think Jo ann's had all of the colors so I was going to order directly from Jacquards. I didn't know if some online place had a better deal.

Thanks in advance, I appreciate everyone's patience with all the questions I have been asking.

Most of the Idye colors work quite well. Gun metal is pretty bad ass. I like it for stencil dyes. You may want to consider ordering some prochemicals dyes as well. I have all the colors you listed above and they work great but tbh I have been only using a few of them since I got a bunch of the prochemicals and pylam dyes. Pylam, you will need to contact the company direct, but they hook up FAT samples. They give you 1 oz samples for free. Unfortunately they only sell by the pound though I recently found out. Their bright yellow is great as well as purple, aqua blue, bright green, and many others I have been dabbling with.

You can also order idye from dharma trading online. Their shipping isn't too bad as long as youre ordering enough to make it worth it.

Best of luck. Have fun!

Most of the Idye colors work quite well. Gun metal is pretty bad ass. I like it for stencil dyes. You may want to consider ordering some prochemicals dyes as well. I have all the colors you listed above and they work great but tbh I have been only using a few of them since I got a bunch of the prochemicals and pylam dyes. Pylam, you will need to contact the company direct, but they hook up FAT samples. They give you 1 oz samples for free. Unfortunately they only sell by the pound though I recently found out. Their bright yellow is great as well as purple, aqua blue, bright green, and many others I have been dabbling with.

You can also order idye from dharma trading online. Their shipping isn't too bad as long as youre ordering enough to make it worth it.

Best of luck. Have fun!

Awesome! Thanks for the reply. I will look into prochemicals. Free is too good of a deal to pass up!

Another success with the iDye Poly, used black and red. This stuff really is vibrant and dyes very quickly. The red dip was about ~2 minutes, and the "grey" dip was about 30 seconds in black, and came out darker than I expected. I'm very impressed with this dye so far, the quality and color is much higher than RIT from the initial tests. It takes very quickly so you have to really watch them and make sure not to over expose. I had yellow to use on the eyes, but in my excitement to see how it turned out I peeled off the mask before I did them, so I'll test it out on something else.

Star Firebird - Ultraman

Star%252520Firebird%252520-%252520Ultraman%252520for%252520Japan.jpg
Are you using acetone with idye

Yes, but it takes a lot longer for deep colors

How have the colors created with the prochemical dyes held out? Have they faded at all?

So I'm having a problem with idye poly red. Been using prochemical dyes but their red is not as red as I want so bought idye poly red. Mixed it same as I did with my prochem dyes.problem is when I tested it on my test disc that I test all my dyes on it won't take dye.. Didn't use the intensifier like I've been told not to. Did I get bad dye or do something wrong, I can't figure it out any help would be great love the shade of red

So I'm having a problem with idye poly red. Been using prochemical dyes but their red is not as red as I want so bought idye poly red. Mixed it same as I did with my prochem dyes.problem is when I tested it on my test disc that I test all my dyes on it won't take dye.. Didn't use the intensifier like I've been told not to. Did I get bad dye or do something wrong, I can't figure it out any help would be great love the shade of red

Are you sure you have iDye Poly and not just iDye?

Positive looked at wrapper twice since then. Atleast package says idye poly. To make it worse the gf got some on her shirt and it washed out. I'm completely puzzled right now

the red I dye poly I have been using has an iridescent sheen to it. I have been using the color intensifier. I have had so much trouble out of the red. I have bought 3 different packs all with different lot numbers, all of them bleed out of what I am dying. to get the dye to take I have to let it soak in a boil for 20-30 minutes. no way would I do that to a disc, it would ruin it. it seems like the red likes to cool down before rinsing. once again I would not get a disc anywhere near boiling water.

I'm defiantly not putting my disc in boiling dye. Most of dyeing I'm doing is floating in dish gel and gonna play with marbling some and painting. A good red is all I need in my color lineup and thought idye poly would work...I'm going to do another sample test over night tonight too see if it will even soak in any.. If not guess I'm goin to try something else

10 hrs sitting on disc and didnt take so disappointed really like the shade of red. Guess I gotta do some research and find me a good red

Ok so reheated dye up almost to a boil stirred crap outta it then poured in mason jar and shook every 15 minutes.. Did a test and bam magic it worked. I now have an awesome red...

Mason-jars for the win? :\

My guess is the temp was the kicker, mine didnt take too well until I heated the dye, and at times the disc slightly

heating the dye or discs will help the dye take for a more vivid color. If you heat the dye in a pan, you can float the disc on top without issue. I dont like this method though, just a PITA. What plastic are you using? Also (if you're wiping the stamp off the disc anyway), try adding some acetone to your dye mix. this can help it take better and quicker.

Latest posts