• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jamie's Bag

m34tba11

Vitals:
Years playing/experience: DG 1.3 years
Right/left-handed/ambidextrous: right-handed
Throwing Style: RHBH, some RHFH
Golf Distance (avg/max*) for putter/mid/driver: putter: Rhyno ~100 Mid: buzz/Roc 150-200; Bolt/River/Havoc ~380

Optional:
Sex: M
Injuries/handicaps?: Bad shoulder, Bad knees (lots of usage/wear and tear)
Other sport proficiencies?: Snowboarding, Mountain Biking

I can throw big and hard when I need to, but this year am working on accuracy over distance.

Bag:

Drivers:
173 Gold Line:Bolt:Good:Driver (primary driver on long open holes when it is not windy, have sent this one 400+ a few times
172 Gold Line Havoc:Good:Driver Rotating this in rotating destroyers out. I prefer the feel of Lat64 Gold line over Innova star/champ. Use this one on about 30% of my drives
169 Opto:Villain:New This is rotating in and I'm rotating out a Discraft Force. Used anytime I need to go 300+ over water, or anytime I want to flick a hole.
170 Z-Line:Force:Very Used:Driver (See Villain) I use this on very few holes, basically anytime I want to send it on a hyzer spike, throwing uphill and I want it to stick, or throwing over water in windy conditions...

175 Gold Line Striker:New: Long Driver: This and the Rivers below may end up becoming my main drivers, I can send these guys long and straight. 380-400 consistently, but too new to really tell. Wondering if I should've gotten a saint instead?

175 Champ:Sidewinder:Very Used: USe this anytime I need to send something 280-320. Does not seem to fly very consistently; I am considering rotating this disc out sooner rather then later.

175 Gold Line:River:New Replacing a few discs with this. This disc and the striker perform similar for me, use it when I want to go long and straight..
172 Opto:River:New: I like duplicates of widely used discs, seeing which plastic I like better.

175 Champ Teebird:Very Used: Has a place in my bag, flips up for me, probably one of those to use in tight situations etc. Wondering if I should rotate this guy out in favor of the River(s)
175 Star Teebird: New: I like Teebirds, what can I say, I wonder if two of these plus 2 Rivers is overkill? I can send the Rivers further, I should see if I can send the rivers on a short control throw (280 feet) or if these work better for me. have CTP'd MANY times w/ Teebirds.

Both Teebirds only go about 270-290 for me, any more and I start to flip em out..

Mids:

177 Z-Line Buzz:Mid:Good I like to use Buzzz's anytime I need to go 200-250 feet
176 FLX Buzz:Mid:Good This is my orange dreamsicle, this seems to go a bit straighter for me regardless of how hard I rip it.
177 TI Buzzz:Mid:New I like Buzzz's The TI buzzz seems to be a bit more over stable out of the gate, we'll see what happens as time goes on

175 Star Gator:Mid:Good This stays in my bag whenever it is stupid windy, only can really ever get it to go about 220-250 feet. It's a brick and does not seem to skip out too bad unlike the buzzz's.

180 Star Rancho Roc:Mid:New I goto the Rocs for 100-200 foot range and whenever I need it to stick, these stick, buzzz's skip..
175 San Marino Star Roc:MID:Good See the other Roc. This one flares out more then the Rancho roc even though it's more beat in.
175 R-Pro Roc:Good:Mid: Yet another roc at varied levels of beat in. Just depends on the weather as to when I use this disc, and whether or not I'm surrounded by trees.

177 ESP Meteor:Used: I may just yank this one. Dont use it much, and when I do, it does not always fly the way I want it to..I can always flick a buzz to take the place of a meteor.

Putters/Short approach (<100feet)
175 Champion Hard Top Rhyno:approach: I use this guy anytime I am in the trees.
175 R-Pro Rhyno:Average: Primary Putter, beat in well, very consistent trip to the basket
175 R-Pro Rhyno:Good: Just breaking this one in, but i carry and use it when I can, use it as an 100 foot or shorter approach as well.

It seems like i have a lot of potential overlap with the Teebirds/Rivers/Sidewinder/Striker. The Strikers and Rivers fly about the same for me, and I really love the feel of Gold Line. The sidewinder has done me well, but it might be time to retire him, he was pretty beat in when I found him..no name/no number so my guess was it was not a big deal when he was lost. maybe pick up a saint, and use two saints instead of the rivers/striker.

I need to pick up Bolt #2, one of my favorite long discs b/c it's so pretty, and I can control him pretty good too!

Anyway any and all thoughts are welcome.