• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jogging Stroller, swiveling or Fixed front wheel?

Peter S

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
For those out there who use a jogging stroller for a cart I am wondering who is happy with a swiveling or Fixed front wheel? I am thinking of a Jeep Overland Jogging Stroller which has a fixed front wheel. I guess you push down on the handle to lift the front wheel off the ground to turn the cart. A swiveling front wheel seems easy to turn. However, may get cought up more on roots, etc.

Please share your likes / dislikes of your jogging stroller carts.

No experience with one, but I would assume that a fixed front wheel would sit in place better on sidehill lies and such.

I have had both, but I prefer swivel for most courses. Plus my cart that has a swivel front has the option for it to lock if need be. If you can find one with that option it would be better. Rough courses or hilly courses would call for the wheel to be locked, while flat or light terrain courses could use the swivel option. Just my 2 cents.

Fixed is way better imo. They wander all over when the wheel isnt fixed. At the zoo on the pavement, swivel it. In the grass and trails, fixed front !

My jogging strollers have all been fixed. Hated one aspect about them all. In order for you to turn left or right significantly you have to pick up the front wheel.

My buddy uses a swivel and has used my fixed wheel. He likes the swivel better.

Personally now I use a 2 wheel ball cart. I like better than joggers because I don't carry a ton of stuff. Happy throwing.

darren

I use mine not so much for my gear but to bring my daughter along. Ours is the swivel with an option to lock which as others have said is quite normal for most now. I have an Eddie Bauer I got from target. I really like it and as far as it moving when parked on hills due to the swivel, most strollers have brakes on both back wheels and with both brakes engaged it's not going anywhere. Once my daughter outgrows the stroller it will become my cart. Here's a link to the model I have http://www.target.com/p/eddie-bauer-endurance-jogging-stroller/-/A-14773648#prodSlot=medium_1_1&term=eddie+bauer+jogging+stoleer

My experience is with the daughter as well. There is a rare time I try to park it on uneven ground and the swivel wheel makes it difficult. I have rarely locked it. Not having to un-weigh the front wheel every time I want to turn at all is nice.

Latest posts