• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Vs.] Jokeri vs Clozer vs PA1

wolfmandragon

* Ace Member *
My main course I play is short but VERY technical. I love my Envy, but I have decided I need a more OS putter to drive around the 80 degree turn, low ceiling, short doglegs. I have never thrown a Prodiscus so I decided to order a premium Jokeri....there are none to be found anywhere!

What I am looking for is a more OS Envy with a touch more glide. According to the inFlight chart, these three seem to be the closest to what I am needing.

How do these discs compare? I am interested mostly in premium plastic as the course looks like a forest on the moon.

Thanks all

I think the Envy's pretty close to the 300S PA1 I have (for me it was a combo of the PA1 and Breaker). The Jokeri will be beefier but won't have more glide. I would look at the Suspect if I were you.

If you're looking at InBounds, these would be my suggestions.

Last edited:
I would look at a Zone, a Pig, or the Gator. Inbounds chart makes the Gator look like a longer disc, but in my experience it's really not. Brand new, I think I can throw a Pig farther than a Gator and the Pig is pretty overstable. Anyway, I think any of those would fit the bill for a more OS Envy in premium plastic.

hey Hughes, OP said "a touch more glide." So zones, pigs, and gators are not what he's asking for ... yet ...

OP: overstable and glide are like oil & water, they don't mingle. The good news is that less glide = more predictability. To get 250' you need to throw them hard. (note: Hughes has thrown my Jokeri & Zone about 260' ;))

FYI: the Jokeri doesn't glide all that well either, and is about half a overstable as a zone.

Tensor might also work. I feel like it has a bit more glide than some of the others.

hey Hughes, OP said "a touch more glide." So zones, pigs, and gators are not what he's asking for ... yet ...

OP: overstable and glide are like oil & water, they don't mingle. The good news is that less glide = more predictability. To get 250' you need to throw them hard. (note: Hughes has thrown my Jokeri & Zone about 260' ;))

FYI: the Jokeri doesn't glide all that well either, and is about half a overstable as a zone.

The specific hole I was quoting is only 200' from tee to pole. 100 foot tunnel that is 20 feet wide by 15 foot high doglegs 80 degrees left 100 foot downhill.

I have hit the pole with help of a cross wind with my Alias, my problem is overshooting the window with Alias and digging dirt too soon if I try to put enough hyzer on the Envy to turn the corner(low ceiling).

As for OS and glide, I guess I was thinking high speed glide, but after looking at all of the putters on inbounds, I see that is very rare. Perhaps I need to dig my very first mid back out(roc3), I thought I had put it to bed forever.
Thanks

the 80 degree turn, low ceiling, short doglegs

This bit here reeks of a Firebird with a skip.

The specific hole I was quoting is only 200' from tee to pole. 100 foot tunnel that is 20 feet wide by 15 foot high doglegs 80 degrees left 100 foot downhill.

As does this

Last edited:
In terms of overstable putters, the Credo is probably the most overstable and best feeling putter on the market. Something you could check out. :)

You've described the flight path of a Trident thrown low and flat. I prefer the feel of gold line, but also carry one in Opto.

I think the Opto has a bit more skip, but otherwise flies the same.

My main course I play is short but VERY technical. I love my Envy, but I have decided I need a more OS putter to drive around the 80 degree turn, low ceiling, short doglegs. I have never thrown a Prodiscus so I decided to order a premium Jokeri....there are none to be found anywhere!

What I am looking for is a more OS Envy with a touch more glide. According to the inFlight chart, these three seem to be the closest to what I am needing.

How do these discs compare? I am interested mostly in premium plastic as the course looks like a forest on the moon.

Thanks all

In my experiences, more OS=less glide.

A very hard dump after good low glide = a powered down mid/driver imo.

Beyond that, I'd advise trying out rollers. Something OS thst will hit the ground straight but curl right.

I have the exact same hole on my course but dog legs to the right.
My opto trident (thrown forehand) has been good to me lately.

I have hit the pole with help of a cross wind with my Alias, my problem is overshooting the window with Alias and digging dirt too soon if I try to put enough hyzer on the Envy to turn the corner(low ceiling).

As for OS and glide, I guess I was thinking high speed glide, but after looking at all of the putters on inbounds, I see that is very rare. Perhaps I need to dig my very first mid back out(roc3), I thought I had put it to bed forever.
Thanks

I agree with teemkey that OS and glide are generally mutually exclusive so something more OS than an Envy is going to be less glidey. However, I also think from your description of the hole that you probably *want* less glide in this case.

I agree with tbird that a skip shot is probably what you're looking for here. I'd probably use a Gator for it because 100 feet before the turn isn't too far and if this is in the woods you probably don't want to overshoot the turn. To me, a Roc3 isn't going to bite and skip as hard as a Gator.

I don't generally find that putters are very good for skip shots. I'm not sure about the Zone or Jokeri because I've only thrown them once (thanks teemkey!), but I find my Gator to be much better than my Pig for skip shots. A Firebird is also excellent for skips, although I'd be concerned about going too long with it personally.

I agree with tbird that a skip shot is probably what you're looking for here. I'd probably use a Gator for it because 100 feet before the turn isn't too far and if this is in the woods you probably don't want to overshoot the turn. To me, a Roc3 isn't going to bite and skip as hard as a Gator.

I actually never thought about skipping and am scared of learning that shot on this hole, too steep and shale, leaf, mud mixture. The theory sounds fine, but I think I need to learn that shot somewhere safer. I will work on that elsewhere though.

I also had not thought of powering down one of my OS drivers. I think this is safer at least in the short run. I may have to put in an order for a Trident. I may try powering down my Blaze first, as i already have one of those.

I am appreciative of the advice but I am still wanting an OS putter. I was just giving this example of the terrain that I am playing on to frame the question. How do these putter contrast to one another? Strong points? Weak points? Or am I just chasing the wrong idea altogether?

Thanks for all of the good advice.

Suspect might work in classic soft or blend but if you really want beef try the westside harp in bt soft plastic. It's a putter approach disc and it's OS with the softness to stick in any ground condition.

Latest posts