• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

TDK back to the past

thatdirtykid

Older than my birth year suggests.
TL/DR version:

Core:
Wizards
Berg

Kaxe
Gote

Pred
PD
CD2
PD2

Utility/other:
Buzzz OS
Rask
Polecat
Comet
Stal

Well 2019 is starting to get on its way. I tend to be pretty wordy in these but plan to keep it short.

I have been playing a long time and developed my game 2005-2012. Then I had to slow down. The last few years I have developed a better side arm, have regained my distance and am finally getting the putting stroke back. I had been throwing and loving trying new stuff, but no longer am getting the reps in with everything so try.

So late last year I began throwing all my old favorites that I had, at some point, been more comfortable with.

Wizards:
Wizards are back in the house.
2 pure whites for driving
1 old medium, covered 2009 am worlds stamped

K2 Berg:
most influential addition in the past 5 years. Was my Main putter for the last 2. Now its just my go to approach disc. FH or BH any line. This one is not going anywhere and is the #1 reason I will always be a mixed bag. (Unless I was Kasta only)

DX Polecat
For when you need a Polecat.

Buzzz OS.
Was a Zone/harp guy but the berg took all the short zone shots, I still felt I lacked in the OS mid spot. Buzzz OS is better FH THAN my old Drones I had around were. So it's a relatively new addition.

K1 Kaxe.
This disc wanted to be in my bag a long time. Finally decided I love how it flys, I dont care if it overlaps my Fairways or Mids some.

K1 Gote.
Finally my comet like stable midrange. This is still tecnically auditioning, but is in the process of replacing my comets and Buzzz that have been battling eachother for years. Only time will tell

Z Comet
Holding its place while a gote breaks in to replace it.

C-PD
Long time favorite but always competed with my broken in Predators. New embossed PD is actually holding the pref spot while it breaks in.

Z Predator
My old security blanket. Been in the bag since 05 like the wizard but has held the place more consistently. Currently out of the bag while the new run PD breaks in

C-CD2
Probably one of the best, most versatile drivers I have ever thrown. Didnt throw them for about a year, but deserves its spot back.

K1 Stal. Replaced the pred for a while but never dialed it in backhand. Still in there cause it's what I am currently most comfortable with for my big thumbers. May pull it out for headwinds where an embossed PD/pred dont seem like enough.

PD-2
C and S line for all distance shots except for open field MaxD. Edged the GrymX out that is quite good but not long enough to be Ballista Pro territory or control of a PD2.

Opto Ballista Pro
All out bomber. When distance is more important than accuracy.

K1 Rask
Big headwinds, huge skips and big spike hyzers. when a PD2 is not overstable or fast enough. Could live without now the PD2 is back, but I do like it a lot.

Update:
Carrying a trimmed down bag to break in/dial in a few specifics. There is holes in this bag, but its not my tourney bag. My FH is really coming around for everything but distance, so I am finding my flippy plastic getting less use. I am noticing my GO TO discs are overlapping FH and BH more.

Firm Wizard. All putting
PW Wizard. All Driving
K2 Berg. Almost all approach FH or BH

Buzzz OS. OS mid and Approach FH/BH
Gote. All mid shots (doesnt cover the Kaxe though)

C-CD2. hyzerflip and line shaping driver FH/BH
S-CD2. stable workhorse (holding the 7th run PD spot while breaking in) FH/BH
C-PD. Embossed run OS workhorse. Starting to love this run FH/BH

S-PD2 Do it all distance driver FH/BH
C-PD2 Skippier more OS distance FH/BH

It was. I stopped trying. It flew like a broken in C-CD2 when I traded it away, which is crazy cause those yellow 4 points were some kf the most OS preds I threw. Love predators, but don't feel the need to cycle them for all my fairways. Nostolgia would be enough motive to get that one back if the opprotunity arose.