• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jomez Productions

I don't remember who was with Paige doing commentary for the final round FPO but I thought it was real weird how she kept referring to Paige in the 3rd person when Paige is sitting right next to her presumably.

IMHO something like this:

"Paige threw a great putt there."

Should have been:

"You threw a great putt there."

Just an example. Not sure if that's what was said or not exactly...

I don't remember who was with Paige doing commentary for the final round FPO but I thought it was real weird how she kept referring to Paige in the 3rd person when Paige is sitting right next to her presumably.

IMHO something like this:

"Paige threw a great putt there."

Should have been:

"You threw a great putt there."

Just an example. Not sure if that's what was said or not exactly...
I think that was Zoe Andyke. I think it's just awkward to have the person commentating on their own round, and I'm not sure what the most logical/professional way to address that is. Just saying, "you threw a great putt there," without mentioning the person's name, seems kind of casual. But most of us who watch are die-hards and know who it is so maybe that's the best way to do it.

Unless they are on the card we are watching, I would like player commentators to limit themselves to one reference to their own play per 9 hole video. I am not at all interested in hearing Jerm or anyone talk about what he did on every hole, unless we are watching it.

I like BigSexy but I agree. I'd also like to see Jeremy stop with his "spoiler alerts".

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm getting tired of hearing the word "uncharacteristic" when a player misses a short putt.

I'm also tired of hearing "Patent Pending" every time a shot is made.

I think that was Zoe Andyke. I think it's just awkward to have the person commentating on their own round, and I'm not sure what the most logical/professional way to address that is. Just saying, "you threw a great putt there," without mentioning the person's name, seems kind of casual. But most of us who watch are die-hards and know who it is so maybe that's the best way to do it.

Maybe Zoe was coached to refer to Paige's shots in the third person. Also, were they together in the same place when they recorded the analysis? Probably, but there was time when Simon Lizotte was on commentary... from Germany, via Skype. But I agree with the overall point: it's okay to refer to Paige in the 2nd person since she's right there on the commentary.

I like BigSexy but I agree. I'd also like to see Jeremy stop with his "spoiler alerts".
I'm also tired of hearing "Patent Pending" every time a shot is made.

"Patent Pending" has become the term for shots from awkward stances, so it's not going away.

I don't mind Big Jerm telling us what he did on a hole, as long as it's to provide instruction on a possible shot scenario as well as to give context to the challenge of the hole. It's not so good if it comes across as 'my way was better than his way'.

Jomez making a point with the slo-mo video of Utha Open footfault. Hundreds of comments both on IG and FB. Again, this wont change a thing really since they are too close to call live, but it ought to raise awareness and also rules knowlegde (a huge amount of people seem to not know being airborne at release is also a violation, not only the front foot coming down before release).

Good to see the #1 DG media crew taking a bold stance.

Looking at hole 5. . i think Ricky was way over the line of the tee. .Taylors second shot was to far right of his mark
The fault called is way to hard to see live

Kind of bummed to see the Utah Open field be so far this year with it not on the DGPT. R2 coverage of The Fort is great. Good contrast to Mulligans. Should be a good location for Worlds next year.

Two small things I would like to see:

1. I would really like it if the drone flyover started about 10 back from where they are cutting them at present, so you could see the teebox at the beginning of the shot. I feel it would give me a better perspective on the scale and shape of the fairway

2. I would like to hear Paige Pierce as one half of a commentary team for MPO, and possibly Jerm or one of the Nates or Pauls commentate on FPO. FPO commentary in general is way too mellow and boring. Can we crowdfund a case of redbull for them this season??

I have noticed lately that the OB graphic is a little inconsistent, and suspect they may intentionally skip it when a disc is clearly out in the water or comes to rest on a path. However, I would appreciate the consistency of always seeing the graphic when appropriate.

Finally let me say I was blown away by the new graphics and quality of the overall production so far this season. I took a friend of mine discing for the first time this year and sat him down in front of the memorial coverage, and he was very impressed, stating it rivaled the quality of watching network ball golf.

Utah Open coverage was great ! Commentary, camera work, graphics, all excellent.
Bilodeau with the bagless mini holder, priceless.
Keep up the good work guys. :clap:

Two small things I would like to see:

2. I would like to hear Paige Pierce as one half of a commentary team for MPO, and possibly Jerm or one of the Nates or Pauls commentate on FPO. FPO commentary in general is way too mellow and boring. Can we crowdfund a case of redbull for them this season??

Oh god no! :sick:
It would probably be so dry and boringly contained. Every time you try to add a woman to what a bunch of guys are doing, every thing goes to hell. :p (that's not blaming the women in case you might have thought I was bashing them)

On the plus side, while the FPO commentary is rather mellow, at least it's no longer a giggle fest.:thmbup:

how much do jerm/nate/paige/paul get paid per video commentary? Just curious. Is it by the video? a fee for the entire tournament? do they just get a cut of the youtube earnings? that would get messy

Over under on subscribers by the end of 2019: 150k. go.

Over
According to social blade they have gained 5.8k new subscribers in the last 30 days. They currently have 114k subs. There are 7 months remaining this year. 7x5.8=40.6. Which means if they keep their current growth they will gain 40.6k subs from now til the end of the year. 114+40.6=154.6. Projected to have 154.6k subs by year's end.

Jomez is now my favorite sports to watch, bar none. I'm actually losing interest in all the major sports. Having Detroit nearby isn't helping that, to be fair, but with these high-quality Disc Golf videos, I'm watching something personally pertinent to me and still get to be a fan of something I can't quite do at the same time. When the major sports broadcasts are on, (a) they're 3-hours long, (b) played by multi-millionaires whose salaries make it almost unaffordable to go attend, (c) playing sports I don't play at all (haven't played HS baseball in almost 30 years and I'd injure myself playing it for ten seconds), (d) in my case, usually for teams that suck due to bad upper-management.

When I click on a Jomez video, that could be me on there (although the competition would trounce me to the tune of probably 0.75 per hole by the end of the round, easily). The world's best players lining up a jump putt? That's me too! I make these all the time at my home course!

All of you here know why I'm infatuated with this sport and there isn't a major one like it when it comes to our equipment and our playing area. Our Discs! It's almost as if the very projectiles themselves have personalities. I treat my own starting rotation like family members or my own limbs. (Perhaps this is preventing me from taking more risky shots near irretrievable water hazards). Every single major sport where billions of dollars are spent uses a projectile that doesn't vary at all. (or much). Then there is the "court" we play on. Every inch can be different than the next and, like the Discs (yes, I prefer to capitalize that word) the playing surface itself has its own personality. Baseball might have a little of this with its varying home run fence and views of downtown skyscrapers, and of course ball golf with it$ cour$e$ (we have better vertical obstacles by far), but as a game-playing variable, all of the major sports pale in comparison to how our "court" interacts with our projectiles. The basket is icing on the cake. So much better than a basketball hoop or hockey goal or home plate.

Enter Jomez now that we're essentially in the 45th year or so of our sport and I can truly see this going to something big in a short time. Who is going to tune into a yawn-fest between two baseball teams 25 games under .500 for three hours every night when you can be watching Disc Golf coverage like this, a sport that enjoys steady 10% participation growth each and every year? Where the courses and projectiles offer as much entertainment as the characters on its stage?

Jomez has positioned himself well for a great career being the first to do this in such a quality measure. I will be glued so long as my eyes can open. And I've already forgotten to watch dozens of Detroit Tigers games because I'd much rather watch Jomez.

The Youtube thumbnail pictures of the GBO videos are wonderful! Santa Cruz is starting great as well. Keep going!

Latest posts