• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jomez Productions

One great way for me to stop watching the youtube footage is to start putting spoilers in the thumbnails again.
Its already bad enough i have to unsubscribe from other yt dg channels to avoid spoilers.

I understand that its "next day" footage but i feel like you lose views by doing this. I personally am always less interested in the footage if i know the winner already. Sometimes to the point of not watching.

Am i not a true fan? Who cares? Wouldnt you still like to have my thumbs ups/views/comments? Has Jomez peaked? Are cucumbers always better pickled?

So... they put a picture on of a guy holding his hands up, which could have happened at any point in the round for any reason (big putt, ace, etc). And people assumed (correctly) that he won. If they NEVER put the winner on the final round picture, then you will always know who didn't win. If they stick a picture on there and you know their methodology, then it is always SOME sort of spoiler. Frankly I like that they mix it up.

And honestly by the back 9, GG had this wrapped up and it was a victory half-lap.

People need to lighten up.

So... they put a picture on of a guy holding his hands up, which could have happened at any point in the round for any reason (big putt, ace, etc). And people assumed (correctly) that he won. If they NEVER put the winner on the final round picture, then you will always know who didn't win. If they stick a picture on there and you know their methodology, then it is always SOME sort of spoiler. Frankly I like that they mix it up.

And honestly by the back 9, GG had this wrapped up and it was a victory half-lap.

People need to lighten up.

So....rather than keep the 4-player
graphic they were using (which not only tells us who is on the card but also will never have spoilers), lets sometimes spoil the ending and sometimes not?

Great idea, what trendsetters you are....

If you sometimes spoil and sometimes don't, then you never know until after you watch. So... it isn't a spoiler then. It is their channel, as with any channel... if you don't like it let them know directly. Or unsub.

If you sometimes spoil and sometimes don't, then you never know until after you watch. So... it isn't a spoiler then. It is their channel, as with any channel... if you don't like it let them know directly. Or unsub.

So... Iam letting them know directly. They are reading these dumb interweb forum words just like you are. (If they arent, that seems counterproductive as well)

Your "if you dont like it, you can leave" reply lets me know your obvious unreasonable bias. You will not bring any logic or rationale to this topic. Thank you

Jomez will not grow without making and fixing mistakes. You need criticism to grow imo. Non-spoilers are so easily avoidable at this point, its annoying.

:wall:
You guys are #1 already but in order to always keep improving, and if not too much work for the graphic dept...

Drone flyovers could use an overlay graphic for OB areas, mandos etc. Perhaps distance to sweet spot markers too

This is what I truly want - please paint the OB red!

One great way for me to stop watching the youtube footage is to start putting spoilers in the thumbnails again.
Its already bad enough i have to unsubscribe from other yt dg channels to avoid spoilers.

I understand that its "next day" footage but i feel like you lose views by doing this. I personally am always less interested in the footage if i know the winner already. Sometimes to the point of not watching.

Am i not a true fan? Who cares? Wouldnt you still like to have my thumbs ups/views/comments? Has Jomez peaked? Are cucumbers always better pickled?

I had an obnoxious experience on Reddit with a spoiler that was posted immediately after the win. Seeing the pic of GG on the thumbnail all but confirmed the spoiler, and admittedly the "two arms in the air smiling ear to ear" is a bit suggestive.

On the other hand, they have to mix it up and feature random people from the lead card on the thumbnail, so meh.

Ok im done after this. I like to have a "solution" when i discuss a percieved "problem".

Feel free to use as the thumbnail as not to spoil for the people who havent watched yet. I release my rights to this image for free use.

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-05-21-07-41-00.jpg
    Capture+_2019-05-21-07-41-00.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 33
So... Iam letting them know directly. They are reading these dumb interweb forum words just like you are. (If they arent, that seems counterproductive as well)

Your "if you dont like it, you can leave" reply lets me know your obvious unreasonable bias. You will not bring any logic or rationale to this topic. Thank you

Jomez will not grow without making and fixing mistakes. You need criticism to grow imo. Non-spoilers are so easily avoidable at this point, its annoying.

So what percentage of the dg community cares if its spoiled or not? I, like many others, just want to watch the footage. It doesnt matter to me if I know who won or not and I think most people are the same way. I watch to see people who are better then me play amazing golf and see some beautiful courses. If you are truly watching the footage to find out who won then i think it is up to the consumer to do everything they can do to make sure the results do not get spoiled for themselves. Having "spoilers" out there isnt a mistake nor is it a spoiler. Its news. This is disc golf, which is a live event, just like all sporting events. Once the event is over its now news imo and anybody can report on it how they please.

I dont get pissed off and run to the internet to complain when the Milwaukee Brewers set off fireworks, that I can hear from my house, only after they win. I dont feel like its their duty to keep it secret who won the game just so those who didnt follow it live can also be surprised.

I disagree that you are letting them know directly. This is an internet forum that they may or may not check frequently. You should reach out to them DIRECTLY. Like FB messenger, or some sort of direct message.

And yes, if you don't like their decisions after you plead your case then you don't have to watch that is the ultimate solution. There are plenty of things I don't enjoy that I don't watch.

They are going for a very simple and good looking and stylized thumbnail. They went away from the 4 person thumbnail awhile ago.

Again, plead your case to the judge and see the result.

I honestly don't care if I find out who wins before I watch the footage.

It's still fun to watch if you know who won.

Besides, expecting the media companies not to spoil things for you is peak entitlement.

I honestly don't care if I find out who wins before I watch the footage.

It's still fun to watch if you know who won.

Besides, expecting the media companies not to spoil things for you is peak entitlement.

Like all those butthurt nutters trying to get HBO to redo GOT season 8...what a bunch of whiney babies.

Personally, I often check PDGA.com before I watch the videos.
I enjoy the footage better when I know how the round went and who won.
No doubt, this may put me in the minority, and I am not discounting those who don't want to know the results.
Spoilers? I just don't get the need for drama.
Just voicing my own personal preference, YMMV.

Latest posts