• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jomez Productions

Koling is geting REALLY good at telling what disc everyone is throwing on almost every throw, even a small brand like "kastaplast" he know every disc.
I wonder how he gets this info, now he was on the card but seems to know even if he is not . . Does Jomez/Jerm get a "disclist" for the players on the card they film or do they Walk around and ask everyone on the card?

And do they get payed from the manufacturers to say this in the videos?

It was weird that Simon thought kastaplast was Swiss? I mean Switzerland is under Germany, and Sweden is on top.

It was weird that Simon thought kastaplast was Swiss? I mean Switzerland is under Germany, and Sweden is on top.

Yea, that was a bit weird. . Simon has been in Sweden quite often and i think he knows the Nordic discgolf scen quite well

I think he was just joking with Jerm

Yea, that was a bit weird. . Simon has been in Sweden quite often and i think he knows the Nordic discgolf scen quite well

I think he was just joking with Jerm

Darn it, if you have to explain the joke to me, sigh. Yeah, I should have figured that. German humor, who knew?

Last edited:
I think you should add in live views for better comparison.

I mean, maybe? They are different styles of video. The consensus I've gathered is that most people are okay with the DGPT Livestream, but think that the post is crap. That's my take at least. Jomez doesn't do live, so it feels most fitting to compare them to DGPT's post.

If we go the route that you are suggesting, the DPGT Livestream of Waco final round has 55k views. Add in the 13k of the post and you're up to 68k total views, which is a good number of eyeballs. I watched the live and not the post because I wasn't going to keep waiting. The live number is jacked up big time because of the delay in post-production.

Keep in mind that's 68k combined (we're being very generous to DGPT with this metric) views for a neck and neck battle between the two most popular players in the sport on a big stage. Jomez is now up to 84k views on the R1F9 video of TDTM: a medium sized A tier that has half the sized MPO field that Waco does and a relatively shallow field. Great top few cards, but it's not like all the household names of disc golf are at TDTM.

Yeah, even by your generous to DGPT metric, Jomez is killing it.

Additionally, several of the LVC round videos are over 100k views now, as is the F9 video of Paul's 18 under round at Waco. And that's the whole round video with everyone on the card. The other video with just Paul's shot's is at 74k. The one shot clip of Simon's 490ft putter shot on Waco 18 is at 78k views.

Jomez gets WAY more eyeballs than DGPT vids. Sure, they've had time to grow their following and develop their product. Fact remains that DGPT media has miles of catching up to do, which will never happen when they keep shooting themselves in the foot.

I want a Big Doss commentary. Jerm does the sympathy thing. "Oh wow, oh that's too bad.". Or, " Oh man, that's so unfair."

Doss does the, "Man, he woofed it up.". Or, " Boy, he blew it."

So, on bad throws you'd get:

Jerm - "Oh no! That's too bad.". Followed immediately by,

Nate - "Boy he blew that throw."

Personally, I would LMAO.

It'd be even better on a Champs v chumps.

Last edited:
Looking att Terrys videos first this course looks super hard. . but then you see Pauls round on Jomez and it looks so easy and effortless.

Looks like he ace-run that 16 hole to get back to a perfect score, only real "mistake" of the round . .tee shot on 17 is a little of line,but that OB is very unlucky.,
One of the best round i have ever seen

I mean, maybe? They are different styles of video. The consensus I've gathered is that most people are okay with the DGPT Livestream, but think that the post is crap. That's my take at least. Jomez doesn't do live, so it feels most fitting to compare them to DGPT's post.

If we go the route that you are suggesting, the DPGT Livestream of Waco final round has 55k views. Add in the 13k of the post and you're up to 68k total views, which is a good number of eyeballs. I watched the live and not the post because I wasn't going to keep waiting. The live number is jacked up big time because of the delay in post-production.

Keep in mind that's 68k combined (we're being very generous to DGPT with this metric) views for a neck and neck battle between the two most popular players in the sport on a big stage. Jomez is now up to 84k views on the R1F9 video of TDTM: a medium sized A tier that has half the sized MPO field that Waco does and a relatively shallow field. Great top few cards, but it's not like all the household names of disc golf are at TDTM.

Additionally, several of the LVC round videos are over 100k views now, as is the F9 video of Paul's 18 under round at Waco. And that's the whole round video with everyone on the card. The other video with just Paul's shot's is at 74k. The one shot clip of Simon's 490ft putter shot on Waco 18 is at 78k views.

Jomez gets WAY more eyeballs than DGPT vids. Sure, they've had time to grow their following and develop their product. Fact remains that DGPT media has miles of catching up to do, which will never happen when they keep shooting themselves in the foot.

They are both getting in front of plenty of eye balls. DGPT's audience is growing as a very similar clip to Jomez suggesting they could even overtake them in subs within the next few years. Over the past 30 days the DGPT has 1/2 of the video views with 1/3 of the subscribers. They have added 1000 more subscribers than jomez the last 30 days as well.

But this isn't a competition. Both brands/channels will get to grow TOGETHER. Disc golfers have plenty of time on their hands and both of these companies can do just fine alongside the other. Even if they don't work together.

I pulled most of my stats from socialblade.

I love Jomez and believe they are by far the best quality coverage but if i watch something live, I am not going back and watching post round coverage. So adding live and post seems to be better comparison on views, to me.

I love Jomez and believe they are by far the best quality coverage but if i watch something live, I am not going back and watching post round coverage. So adding live and post seems to be better comparison on views, to me.

Would you want to add live Smashboxx views to Jomez views from the last couple of seasons?

Would you want to add live Smashboxx views to Jomez views from the last couple of seasons?

seeing as how these are the view counts being discussed
Excellent work guys at Jomez...

YouTube views of TDTM round 1, loaded one day ago by Jomez....72k.....YouTube views of Ricky/Paul battle in final round of Waco, loaded two days ago by DGPT...17k...

I don't think you need to go back a couple of seasons to calculate it. feel free to do whatever ya want though

Koling is geting REALLY good at telling what disc everyone is throwing on almost every throw, even a small brand like "kastaplast" he know every disc.
I wonder how he gets this info, now he was on the card but seems to know even if he is not . . Does Jomez/Jerm get a "disclist" for the players on the card they film or do they Walk around and ask everyone on the card?

And do they get payed from the manufacturers to say this in the videos?

I've noticed during the Texas State's commentary that Uli went the complete opposite way with it. Seemed like he almost pretended not to know some Innova discs, even when it was obvious. If Earhart didn't tell us what a non-Discraft player was throwing, you weren't going to find out.

As a commentator, I like Uli. He has a unique ability to observe the things players do right and wrong and tell you what they did that caused the error or success. He even compares hole to hole changes in what players do in compensation. It's very insightful.