• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Jones Park, Holly Springs, NC

it's not far from completion, probably looking at a spring opening from what i can tell. it's 18 holes with some longer shots and par 4's mixed in. certainly bigger than most expected. right now judging from the fairways i'd say it's in between blue and white level but it's hard to tell.

Sweet, this spring should be a banner year for the Raleigh area with this one AND the Apex nature park! Can't wait!

Are any of the baskets up yet?

they weren't last time i was out there, i know they have the baskets already and they've had some up testing holes but i doubt any go in the ground until the course is more close to completion. if you ever go by the park hole 1 will start to the left of the putting green and go out towards the water tower, then it works its way back around and finishes right of the playground.

Thanks. A little off topic but... I went and checked out Apex Nature park nearby and they have the basket posts (female post that basket post goes inside) installed so I'd expect them to be dropping in the baskets any time.

The course is pretty much done however a land dispute has put the rest of the park on hold until it's resolved. I don't have any details on it other than what I've heard which is that a developer actually owns a sizable portion of where the park sits and the city thought it owned it.

Either way what will probably happen is that the developer will be compensated and construction of the rest of the park can resume. I have no clue how long this will take or if the course will ultimaely have to be redesigned.

Again, this is just what I've heard but it makes sense. There is a line painted through the park and given how don the course is it doesn't make sense for it not be open already.

I hope this course is designed well. I hope it's got a good mix of open and wooded as all courses should be.

I hope this course is designed well. I hope it's got a good mix of open and wooded as all courses should be.

The "good mix" that "should be" is totally dependent on the piece of property you were given to work with and the constraints levied on the designer/builder by the park department or the county they are working with.

You can't build open holes if you were given a forest to work with.

The "good mix" that "should be" is totally dependent on the piece of property you were given to work with and the constraints levied on the designer/builder by the park department or the county they are working with.

You can't build open holes if you were given a forest to work with.

I have had no part in helping to build this course so I will take it for whatever it ends up being. Just glad to see another course pop up around Raleigh. I spent several weeks in Charlotte last year and I must say that your work down there had me in awe. I couldn't believe how many beautiful courses were all over and I kept hearing that you were responsible for so much of it. Thanks for doing what you do!

nice course

its open, and better than most Ive seen - if you like challenging courses w/out a lot of wide open. A great walk in the woods! Well done course. highly recommend!:thmbup:

All 18 are in? I've played the first nine. Not bad at all.

the back 9 is still being worked out, i'm not sure if they're moving holes or working out the land thing. i was told by summer all 18 should be in.

alt pins will also go in place on some holes as time goes on. there's still a good amount of work being done to the course as far as fixing paths and trimming. it's not a finished product yet.

Latest posts