• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Kansas: First Week Of June

BillFleming

* Ace Member *
I will be at Fort Riley the first week of June and plan on getting down to Emporia at some point for a day trip. I'm not a great disc golfer and my max distance is about 275 at best. What course should I play while I'm there?

I'd like to play Jones East or West just because they are well known courses....if I play one of those which would be the best option?

And besides Jones, what would be good course to play?

I will be at Fort Riley the first week of June and plan on getting down to Emporia at some point for a day trip. I'm not a great disc golfer and my max distance is about 275 at best. What course should I play while I'm there?

I'd like to play Jones East or West just because they are well known courses....if I play one of those which would be the best option?

Will you be flying into Kansas City? If so, I can recommend:

Water Works Park (4.48):Enjoyable park-style course with dramatic hills and lovely views
Rosedale Park - Down Under (3.67) and Top (3.60): Down Under is short and technical, Top is more park-style
Bad Rock Creek (4.33): Bigger and more open, but I enjoyed playing here

Other courses on my wish list:

Cedar Rdge (4.05): Looks short, technical, and fun.
Spoon Creek (4.33): Also looks short, technical, and fun. Private, reservations needed
Longview DGC (4.16): Currently #1 in Kansas per DGCR. Short and long pins
Warner Park (3.53): Looks like an excellent 9-hole course about 25 minutes from Fort Riley

Emporia looks like lots of big, wide-open courses. Not my cup or tea but it might be yours. But I have never been to Emporia so if my perception is incorrect, I will be happy to be corrected.

Have a great trip!

Last edited:

surge or kp are the homies on this one

i would pm them if they dont respond on this post

personally i would steer you towards longview in ozawkie however i havent played anything west of topeka tho so i might not be the best source

Thanks for the suggestions so far....I am flying in, but will have a car (I'm staying with family at Fort Riley). One reason I'm going to Emporia is to check out the Dynamic Discs place and I figured while I'm in Emporia, I could play a course near there.

I'll check out the suggestions provided so far (need to see how far they are from Fort Riley) and any other suggestions I get before I go.

Looks like I'll be able to play two courses. I do want to play one of the Jones courses in Emporia...which one will depend on how busy they are. I'm also going to play Tuttle Creek State Park River Pond as we will be up there for a day to enjoy the park.

Well, I stopped at Dynamic Discs in Emporia and from there I went and played Jones West followed by Jones East. I was the only person on the course at Jones West. When I played Jones East there was one person finishing hole 4 as I went to find Hole 1. The next day I played Tuttle Creek State Park River Pond Disc Golf Course (that''s a lot to say) with my son-in-law and grandson. My grandson is definitely addicted to the sport and had a great time. My son-in-law enjoys playing it and did pretty well. I got my grandson a sling bag at the Dynamic Discs store along with a disc and marker. He already had a super lightweight disc (122 g) from me and a throwing mini.....he loves the throwing mini and right now it is his best disc. My son-in-law couldn't find his discs (that I had given him previously, they got misplaced in their move to Kansas) so I gave him three from my travel bag. I'm going to order him a bag and disc since he is interested in continuing to play.

All-in-all....as far as disc golf goes, this trip is a win!

Latest posts