• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Journey Post 1st Stop Branson, MO March 29-30

Rob Martin

Eagle Member
Silver level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Who's played in these events in Branson, MO? What are your thoughts on the tournaments, atmosphere, Treehouz Course, etc.

http://www.thejourneypost.com/produ...8AE.m1plqscsfapp03?productId=670&categoryId=1

First%20Stop%20Flier.png

I've never played an event there, but I have played Treehouz. It's a very difficult course to rate. If you start on hole 1, you find yourself staring down a ball golf fairway, and your brain just kinda goes "Buuuwhaaat is this???" They have water hazards and OBs that make a lot of those holes challenging. But you also have holes with massive fairways, so a lot of places shots aren't difficult. And finding yourself on an AstroTurf putting green throwing at the basket is bizarre. Then there's a few wooded holes thrown in there, that are so dissimilar to the rest of the course you don't really know what to make of them. Not a bad course at all, just really difficult to express an opinion of.

Fun Time I played last year.. Course is pretty cool to play, turf is hard to land on and easy to roll away off. The woods were good .. Jaysin does a good job with the tourney.. He supplied lunch on Saturday good food, lots of Ring of fire.. The trophys are awesome... Just do it!! I prolly will :)

I played last year... had a great time. I LOVE THE COURSE! A variety of shots included open bomber shots, technical wooded holes, and tons of elevation change.

I'll most likely play in it again this year. Our players pack included 2 Prodigy discs, a dry fit shirt, and lunch. Come on up and you shouldn't be disappointed.

My friend Jim played it last year he said it was a blast. A bucket list course that he didn't know about going in to it. He's trying to get some of us to go this year and if I can I will be going. He said the extras and atmosphere were top notch.

Ill be there. Course is excellent, and will be in top shape for the event. The grounds crew there always do a great job. I imagine the course will be the same as the last couple tournies with some added OB (compared to the normal course on a non tourney day) marked by string and paint. Ive heard talk of 1 maybe 2 local breweries vending there. Also have talked to Jay and the only thing i can confirm for now as far as players packs are this, prodiscus, legacy (legend i think), DD, shirt and im sure some other stuff. Ill update this if im told anything different

Played the First Stop last year as well. It was my favorite tourney of the year. Great course which is pretty different from anything else I'd ever played and it was well run. Great player's party too.

Latest posts