• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Just how hard is it using a black disc?

It really depends on what shots you use them for and how closely you pay attention when you throw. Open field shots? Never had a problem finding one. Thickly wooded holes? Would never throw one. Twilight rounds? It's staying in the bag.

This is going to sound dumb... But I have very poor vision and black discs tend to disappear in flight for me.

Rolled my black amp into the woods twice today. It was found by Jay Dub with a quickness both times.

one of my favorite discs, Latitude Fuse, is black. It has been with me on all my rounds for over a year. It is not a problem finding the disc as long as the stamp stands out. I would not wipe the stamp unless it is a putter.

Where I live, green is the black of disc golf. There is a ton of foliage and I have had trouble finding discs in open fields. There have been instances where finding black discs was easier. Also, back at my old home course, my friend and I found a Champ Orc that was tye dyed pretty much camo scheme. We had to step on it to find it.