• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Reko

This makes me excited. I love the Kaxe in K2. Imagine how nice it would be to beat in a K3 Kaxe. And I'd definitely be getting some K2 Rekos.

This company has some of the best feeling modern plastic on the market. Dare I say... the best?

This makes me excited. I love the Kaxe in K2. Imagine how nice it would be to beat in a K3 Kaxe. And I'd definitely be getting some K2 Rekos.

This company has some of the best feeling modern plastic on the market. Dare I say... the best?

Their plastic is absolutely amazing. K1 and K2 are fantastic premium blends but I will say at this point, the majority of companies have really high end premium plastics.

What will eventually separate Kastaplast is K3. Excluding Gateway blends, Kastaplast has the best "base" plastic available IMO. Imagine a bag with a fresh, beefy K1 Kaxe, a seasoned, straight flying K2 Kaxe and a worked in K3 to round out the cycle....
#SwedishMeatballs

I got my Reko today, and took it to the course. It feels similar to a Prodigy PA-4, but with a more rounded edge, and comfortable. The plastic is not quite as stiff as Classic Hard/Zero Pure (Trilogy), but was firm enough and felt good.

I made a few test throws with it off the tee. Conditions were calm (little to no wind). The Reko got decent distance and did not turn over on me. On approaches, I threw the Reko only a couple of times, but it flew consistently. I used the Reko most for in-the-circle putting. It did fairly well, but seemed to drift a little right... that may just have been me not being used to it, and with time and practice I could see the Reko becoming a good, consistent putter.

The Reko is good, but I'll be straight up candid about it: it's not "wow!" or exceptional for me. I'm not trying to disparage the disc, but it doesn't separate itself from other putters I've tried. But it *is* good, so those who like Kastaplast discs will very likely be happy with the Reko.

Just picked up five more Reko...

This disc is officially my most thrown Non RDG disc. I putt exclusively with Rekos and I often use them for upshots and drives. They offer a tick more speed and a lot more glide than the Scale & Serp while also offering some turn potential off the tee.

For anyone looking for a seasoned Wizard flight off the shelf, the Reko does just that. As they season they pick up some turn that is uniquely useful once you begin to harness it.

I absolutely love the Reko and can say with confidence that i will be bagging one for a very long time.

Just picked up five more Reko...

This disc is officially my most thrown Non RDG disc. I putt exclusively with Rekos and I often use them for upshots and drives. They offer a tick more speed and a lot more glide than the Scale & Serp while also offering some turn potential off the tee.

For anyone looking for a seasoned Wizard flight off the shelf, the Reko does just that. As they season they pick up some turn that is uniquely useful once you begin to harness it.

I absolutely love the Reko and can say with confidence that i will be bagging one for a very long time.

I was *this* close to picking up a Reko to try out, but I couldn't pull the trigger. I have never been a huge fan of premium plastic for putting. However, seeing you rave about them so much is tempting me again. I definitely know you are a fan of awesome base-plastic blends, so that fact that you are putting w/ premium now speaks volumes. They must feel amazing.

I was *this* close to picking up a Reko to try out, but I couldn't pull the trigger. I have never been a huge fan of premium plastic for putting. However, seeing you rave about them so much is tempting me again. I definitely know you are a fan of awesome base-plastic blends, so that fact that you are putting w/ premium now speaks volumes. They must feel amazing.

I wouldn't call the K3 plastic premium per say, it's got the grippy feel of Electron but with a flex I'd put on the firm side of Zero Medium. It's a really nice blend of base/pro, so if worrying about poor grip or spit outs is this only thing stopping you from grabbing one, order one up!

I wouldn't call the K3 plastic premium per say, it's got the grippy feel of Electron but with a flex I'd put on the firm side of Zero Medium. It's a really nice blend of base/pro, so if worrying about poor grip or spit outs is this only thing stopping you from grabbing one, order one up!

generally agree: K3 is a good baseline plastic, somewhat (to me) like Prodigy 300s base plastic, maybe between classic blend/zero medium and classic hard/zero hard. Definitely will not be a problem with grip... spit-outs are another thing, as we all know spit-outs are caused by the Gods of Disc Golf and are never the thrower's nor disc's fault.... :p

Ah, ok gotcha. I thought all of Kastaplast's stuff had a "premium" feel to it. To hear K3 is is similar to a Gateway SS is intriguing.

I'm thinking about picking up some K3 Rekos for use inside the circle. How does the disc fly on putts? How does it compare to a Wizard inside the circle? How grippy is the K3 plastic in wet conditions? How stiff is it?

I'm thinking about picking up some K3 Rekos for use inside the circle. How does the disc fly on putts? How does it compare to a Wizard inside the circle? How grippy is the K3 plastic in wet conditions? How stiff is it?

Reko are like a seasoned Wizard

Theyre pretty similar to Wizards in putts. They're less stable but also faster so the general putt stability is very similar

K3 is some of the best putting discs in adverse situations. Their plastic feels like a SS FROM Gateway

I've been throwing the K1 Reko against an Opto Pure for a while now and ended up with both in the bag. The Pure gives more distance off the tee but the Reko is easier to range due to less glide. It's also slightly more forgiving being just a little bit more stable.

Both are excellent for straight shots down narrow fairways with practically no fade.

I dont know why it took so long, but I finally picked up a few rekos.

I didnt realize how much I missed having a driving putter. The reko is plenty long enough that I do not feel I need a mid shorter than my Kaxe. The k3 kaxe will probably help that when I have one beat to need less power imput.

The K1 Reko is everything I ever wanted in an upshot/driving putter. Feels great in the hand, shapes lines well, and can withstand some tree hits

If jcassidy would indulge me I'd love a side by side pic of a Serpent and Reko. :)

Just picked up a K3 Reko and I have to say WOW...for me it clicked right away. Great feel out of the hand, lots of glide (actually found I had to compensate for it). But once I dialed it in (in only a few putts) it was magical. I was making putts outside of my normal range seemingly with ease. The flight is that good. 25 footers felt like 15.
I am not fixated on a specific putter. Putting being a huge weakness in my game I've tried almost every one out there...certainly from the big names. I've had some success with most of the putters I own...but I usually have a bad round, then practice well with one or another putter and I'll carry that one for a while. Probably not the soundest practice...but whatever, I'm not a tourney player, nor sworn to any company.
I have to say this disc has changed that. I play almost daily and my first round out on the course I usually play I dropped 5-8 strokes and I put it squarely at the feet of the Reko. I was just draining putts left and right. It was impressive!
All that said, some discs do completely different things for different people. My son and I play together all the time and we each have discs we can throw well and the other cannot...So...that being said. If you are intrigued , I would recommend trying one out. You never know, you might have my experience...How great would that be!
Pretty great!

If jcassidy would indulge me I'd love a side by side pic of a Serpent and Reko. :)

I second that.

I had a buddy I played a halloween tourney with. He was a full 100% only prodigy guy for a couple years. He was putting with a Reko. I checked it out. Felt very smooth, like a Discraft Roach, but, yunno....better.

Straight to stable putter, feels nice. If i didn't have a million putters already I'd pick one up

Latest posts