• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Kastaplast Reko

Seeing the pictures above the Reko looks more like a Whale or that putter Innova makes for Discmania that is like a Whale, perhaps even a Discraft Challenger.
Never held a whale. Nothing like a challenger. The challenger is somewhat flat from the nose to the bead, these are more rounded.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Got a couple K1 Rekos for throwing putters. The Tomb was ITB, but thought it was a little more OS than I wanted for the slot. Pure was a little too US. Hoping this falls in the middle.

My understanding is that Kasta runs pretty standard colors. Never really seen a pink, but I found a Pink K1 Reko at G3T. Wondering if that's rare? I'm gunna throw it regardless!

Got a couple K1 Rekos for throwing putters. The Tomb was ITB, but thought it was a little more OS than I wanted for the slot. Pure was a little too US. Hoping this falls in the middle.

My understanding is that Kasta runs pretty standard colors. Never really seen a pink, but I found a Pink K1 Reko at G3T. Wondering if that's rare? I'm gunna throw it regardless!

They've got some colors that it seems they run more than often - Pink kind of comes and goes more than others it seems (Orange/Merlot/Blue/White,Green), but I've got almost every Kasta mold in hot pink. There's a pink for the Lots, but it's not the hot pink they were running a few years ago (which I'm guessing your Reko is from).

I keep forgetting to buy some of these to replace my Small Bead Aviars.

Are the K3's still the best plastic for putting?

While I really enjoy the K3 I wouldn't mind some firmer plastic for the summer heat if it maintained that grip.

K3 Reko is still one of my favorite putters though.

Pretty sure K3 is firm if you live up where they do lol.

But we are having the warmest winter i can remember here in Sweden. . not a single snowflake all "winter" and only a handfull of below 0°C nights

So we might just se a stiffer Kastaplast plastic ;)

Been a cold winter here, I could move to coastal Scandinavia to warm up.

Had to put snow chains on my work truck twice this year, usually I make it all winter without putting them on at all.

I've got a pair of white Rekos that just aren't my cup of tea, 1 K1 and 1 K3 if anyone wants to swap them for different Kasta molds. I've been interested in trying the Berg and picking up another Grym. Thanks guys.

Curious on something. I have 3 K1 Rekos.

A purp and pink one that have flight numbers under the REKO name

And an orange one without flight numbers, but it says "straight putt & approach disc".

Is there any significance to having numbers or not? Whether it be value, flight characteristics (in general), etc? Cheers!

Idk about value or flight differences but the flight#s ones were stamped more recently. Older stamps did not have numbers on them.

How does the Reko compare in feel to the Prodigy P Model S?

Very similar shape and size in the hand. In my case, I putt with the K3 and the PMS in "basegrip" is my main approach disc. I feel like I could dump either of them out of my bag and cover with the other.

It's even true with my putting practice - my practice stack includes four of each.

Be aware that the Basegrip plastic feels a bit slick out of the box, but that goes away quickly. It's strange because it never slipped out of my hand - it just felt like it was going to - I've never experienced that with any other plastic.

Has anyone heard when or if Kastaplast is going to be making and releasing more Reko's? They are mostly out of stock everywhere and I want to load up on some next time they get a batch of white K3's. Best feeling putter in my hand of all time!

Latest posts